Chapter Thirty-Nine

Flashback (A year ago)

Sophia's POV

I was chilling in the grass in front of my house, listening to 'Doin' Time -Lana Del Rey', when a certain Richie (my eyes were closed but he was the only person who could do this) hid the sun from me. I opened my eyes and looked at him annoyed

"What do you want?" I asked sitting up

"I have a plan" He explained confidently

"A plan to what?" I asked cleaning the grass from my yellow summer dress

"To make Pauline my girlfriend" He whispered. My eyes popped wide open, I didn't believe what he was saying, he always liked her never did anything about it. So, this is a surprise.

"What's the plan?" I ask in a suspicious tone

"You'll ask her if she likes me. If the answer is yes, I'll ask her to be my girlfriend. And if she says no, you'll convince her to like me" He explained in a conspiracy theory tone

"That probably is the worse idea you ever had" I said in a 'are-you-stupid?' tone "She doesn't like you yet, that I can be sure. And I can't just convince a person to love another, it's the genie rules."

"Oh" He exclaimed sadly "So what's your idea?"

"I'll make an impression about you in her head. And then you approach her, as friends, and eventually start getting closer, making moves. If she stars reciprocating the moves, you pop the big question"

"But that takes way too long" He complained "Can it be faster or easier?"

"If love was easy there wouldn't be millions of songs about it" I explained

"Okay I'll follow your plan" He whimpered

Monday at school I needed to find Pauline to start the whole plan. I will do anything for Richie, he's my brother and I love him. I was looking for her in the cafeteria, when I figured that Mars may know where she is.

"Mary!" I said and she turned around

"Hey Sophia" She happily said

"Have you seen Pauline?"

"Hum no... why are you asking? I don't have anything with her! Wait. Why do want to see her?" She said nervously. Wait. Does Mars have a crush on Lin?

"Is I just me or you have a crush on Pauline?" I asked in a sassy tone

"Is it too obvious?"

"Yeah" I said in a sucks-for-ya tone

"She's in the football field" She said and I left

What am I going to do? I love Mary and Richie, and I want them to be happy. But I can't make both of them date Pauline. Shit. I have three options.

1) Tell Pauline and let her make her choice. That ruins all of Richie's chances. It probably ruins Mary's too, because we don't know if Pauline is gay, bi or straight. Trust me, coming to a person and just aske them to put a label on themselves is not nice.

2) Help Mary. Well that ruins my relationship with Richie, he'll never believe me or that he can find someone to love, that boy's self esteem is shit.

3) Don't do anything. Just follow the flow and keep the plan with Richie working. This might blow up in our faces in the future, but that is a problem for the future Sophia.