blazed memories - part 1 [Legolas]

Thank you to WillSpearsShake for requesting this! I hope I did it justice

Thank you to WillSpearsShake for requesting this! I hope I did it justice. Some of the content of this oneshot has been partially inspired from what I remember from the LOTR books. I will try and get part 2 as soon as I can. There will probably be a part 3 to this aswell. Thank you all for reading!!!

Her eyes glazed from the blazing heat, as the crackling flames rose and enveloped the house before her. The wood grated to ash, leaving the frame of the building exposed. The only thing she could hear was the crackling embers ravenously devouring the house. For a moment, she watched, not realising the full extent of what she done- for a moment, the heat of the fire and the dancing of crimson and gold was beautiful. Then there was a shriek. A cry. Something sorrowful and crippled, that roared from under the weight of the flames.

Slowly, the deed sunk in. Despite her trying to deny it, acceptance forced itself through her skin and into her bones. The smoke began to strangle her. The fires turned malevolent. Her eyes drifted down to the fire striker and the doused torch, that still radiated with heat. Her hands, her shaking hands, were covered in ash. Warm ash, that was bearable to touch, smeared from her fingertips to her wrists. They may as well have been covered in blood for all she cared- it only confirmed she was responsible.

What was she thinking?! Was this really justified? Her heart pounded, and she shook her head fervently. Choking on the thick air, she stumbled back. Hot tears streamed down her face, as the cries from the flames increased in volume, more agonising and more horrific. She covered her mouth with her hand, not knowing how to process what she had done. A thousand thoughts ran through her head at that moment- but one screamed louder than the rest.

"I NEED TO FIND GANDALF."

She turned away from the blaze, tucking her skirt into her belt and scurrying to the stables. She reached for her mother's horse, Kinsey, and mounted the saddle. Her mind took a moment to reevaluate- but there was no other choices to consider. She had to leave her mother. She had to leave everything.

That was perhaps the scariest part of it all.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

"(Y/N)."

Her eyes opened. "Y-yes, Gandalf?"

The old wizard smiled at her, as he indicated to the road in front of him. "We're in Rivendell."

"Already!?" She sat up from the cart, and looked over the wizard's shoulder. True to his word, they truly had arrived in Imladris. A smile lighted her lips. "Do you think Elladan and Elrohir will be home?"

"Perhaps. Though, Lord Elrond said they would not be present for the council's arrival."

"Wonderful. Really Gandalf, must I be present for the council? I'm no one of particular importance, and--"