Chapter 19

"Why!" I screamed still keeping my face sunk in my hands.
"Aceso..?" Nephi asked very politely holding my wrist.
I slowly got my head up, and everyone around was looking at us, but in a minute, they all started doing their own job. I was embarrassed, because it was all a horrible thought of mine. I was having so terrible thoughts that I made up my mind that I won't ever talk about this to anyone.
"Are you fine?" he asked.
"Oh, yes, I am." I said being a little confused, "I'm just feeling a bit dizzy. Let's finish our coffee and snacks and leave."
"Yeah, it's ok. We can meet another time." Nef said in his usually nice way.
After finishing the snacks, I came back to the guest house.
"So how did your date go?" Sheridan asked as if he was waiting for me.
"IT WASN'T A DATE! DON'T SAY THAT AGAIN!" I said that in a tone that anyone could see how frustrated I was. I went upstairs to my room. I sat on the chair holding my head. I'm just so tired now.
I went to Sheridan's office next day.
"Don't talk to me, do your work outside." Sheridan said plainly just as I got my one foot inside crossing the border of his office. I looked at his long face and did as he said slowly closing the door like I opened it. I take unexpected ways to handle a situation. He would have expected me to ask him for forgiveness, but I did the opposite.
"So you really don't feel sorry for what you did?" he suddenly came out saying this, when I was sitting in my place at the reception.
"I went to see you. Why do you think I went there then?" I asked with a slight smile.
"You walked out." he said.
"I did as you said." I replied.
"That's not the right way to deal a person who is mad at you! And do you suffer from a memory disorder?" he teased.
"What's wrong with my memory here? I have a really good memory. At least, better than you!" I said raising my volume just by 1%.
"No, you keep forgetting that I'm your boss, so I felt like... you have some problems with your memory." he said this quietly and quickly made his way outside before I could answer him. That made me smile, anyway.
Afterwards, my time started to fly. I used to get up, do my job and have nice meals. But it was still my dream to have a satisfactory good night sleep. At the end of each month, Sheridan used to pay me. If you neglect the guilt from my life, you will note that I had a really good life. I just couldn't roam outside, the only fear I had was of getting caught. I always spent my life proudly and being fearless, but you see what happened then. Two more months spent like this. February was still cold.
"Listen to me right now! You've been ignoring me for two days." said Sheridan, crossing his arms on the reception desk and putting his head over them.
"What? Why do you keep asking me a question, that you already know the answer of?" I said.
"Why don't you want to go on a date with me when you meet that Nephi named guy?" he complained.
"He's my friend. And more than a friend, he calls me little sis." I cleared a confusion, "And I've been telling you this for months."
"Am I not your friend?" he asked making a sad face.
"No. You never treated me like a friend back at school. And now we're just colleagues. Oh, no, you're my boss, and I'm just a mere employee." I said in the nicest way I could.
"I'm asking you on for just a coffee!" he said giving me a stare.
"And I'm saying no." I smiled.
He gave me the most evil stare, and turned away to go back into his chamber (office, I mean).
"Hey.." I called him.
"What?!" he said in the same grumpy tone.
"When do you want to go?" I asked.
"Tonight?" he said cheerfully with a cheesy smile. He looked really cute at that moment. But why do I even care?
"Alright. I'll call Avlis to come earlier. I hope you can compensate her for her over time." I suggested.
"You don't worry about that! Just get ready in those new clothes you bought last month." he exclaimed.
He took me to a nice pub. Although, he had said he wanted to have a coffee, but he brought me to a pub. He asked them to set a table. It was already late at night, but there were many people. I had a memorable time then. We talked about so many things.
"My parents died when I was in school, so I had to shift here from Pasig. This guest house and some bank balance was all they had left for me. I miss my mom," he continued after a sigh of grief, "you were one of those few people who genuinely loved me, but I didn't see it." he seemed gloomy.
He told me lots of different things about his past and his family. He told me that his mother used to spend time with him in this guest house when he was young, and she used to tell him about constellations and stars.
"Why weren't you able to convert this small guest house into a hotel until yet? Or do you have any plans of that sort?" I asked.
"I love this guest house. But I can't stay with it forever. I will do my post-graduation, I've majored in Hotel Management, and I plan to shift abroad." he told me about his plans in detail.
"I see." I said this and he leaned on my shoulder. He had drunk so much that he passed out. I just had a glass. I put him in the car back seat and drove all the way to the guest house. It was my first time driving a car after three or four years. I remember, when I did a little over speeding while learning to drive and dad said that he wouldn't let me drive his car. He even insulted me for it, in front of my uncle and all other people. And instead, he taught Sybil who was still much younger. I took an oath, "I won't drive his car ever again."
So I was a little nervous while driving. I hadn't done it for quite so long. But the roads were all empty and we reached the guest house safely.
We had talked about so many things but one thing was sure to me now, he was also a sad soul who knew to hide his wounds very well.