Chapter 14: Puzzles

Sapnap saw George coming in the hallway and quickly pulled him into an empty classroom.

"AHHH what- Sapnap what are you doing?"

Sapnap punched his shoulder. "What the hell man? You've been totally ghosting me for like a week."

"Ow." George rubbed his shoulder. "I'm sorry ok? You hit me really hard, ow."

Sapnap just stared at him.
I so did not. This oblivious idiot.

"So what have you been doing?"

George shrugged. "Not that much I guess, but I have to go-" He tried to get out, but Sapnap blocked his way.

"What? No, I wanted to catch up with you about Clay."

George gave in. "Fine. So last weekend I went to Clay's house-"

"You did?" Sapnap's eyes widened. "What did you guys do?"

"Um, not much." George averted his eyes. "We mostly talked; he showed me this cool skylight above his bed and actually I had an idea-"

"Wait wait wait- go back. Did you guys sleep in the same bed?"

George shifted his weight from foot to foot. "Um well I was gonna sleep on the floor but he was cold so- I kinda... climbed in bed with him." George cringed.

Sapnap gasped. "You did?" He looked ecstatic.
"And what did he do?"

"He was asleep! He didn't do anything. I didn't do anything- WE didn't do anything!"
George was flustered. He faced away from Sapnap.
"He still has no idea I like him."

This poor lovesick fool. He's an idiot for sure.
A short idiot.

"You should tell him."

George whipped around. "WHAT- no way. He's- I-" George suddenly looked terrified.
"What if he doesn't feel the same way, Sapnap? What if he never talks to me again? What if he hates me for it? He's my best friend. I don't think I could handle it."
George was folding in on himself.

Sapnap shook his shoulders. "Listen to me. OK? George, listen." He waited for George to meet his eyes before continuing.
"He won't hate you okay? He's your best friend. Listen- we don't know if he likes you back in that way, but you won't until you ask him. It's way better to ask than never know."

George sniffed. "You're right. When I'm alone I just convince myself-"
He stopped.

Sapnap held his shoulders. "I know. It's okay. I'm here for you bud. You can't isolate yourself. I know you're nervous-"

George huffed. Ok nervous is an understatement.

"I know you're scared, but everything will work itself out. You just have to take the leap."

"I will-" he squirmed out of Sapnap's grip and made for the door- "just not yet."

Sapnap sighed as the door closed.
I just hope Clay catches him.

>>>
<<<

Clay caught sight of George making his way through the cafeteria and cut him off before he could exit.

"Hey George."

"Oh, hi. What's up?"

"I was wondering if uh, instead of working during lunch today, you want to sit with me, at our table?" He pointed hopefully to the table with Skeppy, Bad, and Vincent.

George looked over there then shook his head. "Sorry, I already said I'd eat with Grian and Mumbo." He gestured toward their retreating figures. A tall one and a short one. George's eyes lit up. "They're going to show me their club!"

"Oh. Okay."
Clay was disappointed, but he tried not to let it show. "Have fun then." He smiled at George then walked back to his table.

"That's a no then?" A6d asked.

Clay shook his head and tried to put George out of his mind.

"It doesn't mean anything." Vin assured him.

Clay nodded and focused his attention elsewhere, on Bad.

Bad clapped his hands. "So. Are you guys going to the Halloween party?" He looked around the table.

"Ehhhhhhh idk. Probably, since I won't be doing anything and I basically have no life without you guys." A6d shrugged.

"Yeah I'm going because the soccer team's hopefully celebrating our victory there after the game." Clay said.

If we win. I'm not sure how good Zelkham and the others are.

"It's a costume party right?" Bad's eyes were glowing; he seemed really excited. "What costumes are you guys wearing?"

"Uh, I haven't really thought about it." A6d and Clay said at the same time. They looked at each other.

Bad looked a little put out. "Geppy what are you going as?"

Skeppy rolled his eyes. "We literally planned out costumes together, Bad."

"Oh right I forgot. EEEEEEEEEEEEE I'm so excited."

"What's your plan for it, Bad?" Clay asked.

Bad just grinned. "It's a surprise, but I'm looking forward to showing you."

"It's at Technoblade's house right?" A6d asked.

"Yeah, Technoblade's mansion, more like." Skeppy said. "Pretty much everyone is going."

Bad was bouncing in his seat joyfully. "I can't wait!"

Clay spotted an opportunity to tease him and asked, "So Bad, which one are you looking forward to more, the soccer game or the party?"

Bad puzzled, "Well, I know you're going to win the game, and then win the finals, so it makes more sense that I look forward more to what I don't know the outcome of yet, right?" He tilted his head.

"What are you talking about? You aren't a time traveler." Skeppy rolled his eyes.

"I could be a time traveler." Bad said quietly.

"No, you actually couldn't."

"Ok I'm not. But if you could time travel, where -when- would you go?"

"Hmmmmm." Skeppy pretended to think. "I would go back 14 years, 14 months, 14 weeks, 14 days, 14 minutes, and 14 milliseconds."

"That's so dumb Skeppy. Just add two weeks instead of 14 days."

Clay suppressed a smile.

"That's what you took from that?" A6d asked.

"Yeah, what else was there?" He blinked. "Oh yeah Skeppy, why would you go back to when you're a baby?"

A6d groaned and faceplanted into the table.

Skeppy looked mildly annoyed; Clay was cracking up.
"So then where would you go, Bad?" Skeppy poked his shoulder.

Bad thought about it. "I would go back to that time we made those muffins and eat more of them."

"OMG." Said a6d with his face against the table. Bad looked at him before Skeppy answered.

"That makes no sense according to the perpendicularity of the bisector."

"What? Geppy, what you just said makes no sense."

"Nuh-uh. Coinciding with the hypothalamus of the space-time continuum, yourself would cease existence if you ate those muffins hence."

"Kill me." A6d from the table.

Clay was giggling behind his hand at his friends' antics.

These guys can always make me laugh. I love them for that.

(1.1k works)

14 lol
You guys excited for the party? Imagine a costume party with famous youtubers ooooh.
I would go as the space-time continuum so I could be everywhere at once.
(Could u notice I didn't know what to call this chapter? I might rename it later.)