Chapter 20: He shoots...

Clay couldn't help but smile at the cheers as he scored his third goal of the game.

He quickly refocused as the ball came back into play. Analyzing the movements and passes of the other team, he readjusted his position and blocked the ball that came his way. He smiled and passed it to Tubbo, who was closest and in a good position.

Tubbo passed it to Tommy and the game went on. Clay's team definitely had an edge, but the other team wasn't bad.

Obviously, The Dream and The Boar were doing the best, either scoring the goals or setting up their teammates for a clear shot.
It was almost like they were competing against each other, instead of the other team. But that was ridiculous, they're on the same side.
Clay was confident they could win, but they had to work for it, like anything.

Stop narrating and focus on the game.

Clay got the ball again and smoothly dribbled it toward his goal. He saw Vurb coming to intercept and passed it to Sapnap, who barely got it before Mega came at him. Sapnap hurriedly passed it to Wilbur, who kicked it farther over to Techno.
Another goal for their school.

>>>
<<<

George had never sat with Bad during a game before; it was certainly an experience.

"YEAHHH CLAYCLAYCLAY RUN CLAY YEAH RUN OH MY MUFFINS THAT WAS A GOOD KICK YEAHHHHHHH TOUCHDOWN YAAAAAAYYYYYYYY YEAH CLAY GET THAT BALL YEAHHHH KICK IT RUNRUNRUN OH NO DONT LET HIM GET YOU RUN FASTER KICK THE BALL AWAY FROM HIM YOU MUFFIN YEAH OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS INTENSE CLAAAAYYYYYYYYYY RUN AND KICK IT YESSSSS YOU CAN DO IT!"

He was doing this the whole time from Skeppy's lap, sitting up and shaking Skeppy by the shoulders when he got excited. He was almost like an enthusiastic puppy. Skeppy was less into it; he was amused by Bad, but pretended to be annoyed.

"Bad, it's not a touchdown." He rolled his eyes.

Bad halted his stream of encouragement." WHat? Touchdown is what they say on TV!"

"AUAGHAUH Bad that's football."

"This is football," George said.

"NO THIS IS SOCCER, GUYS!"

George laughed, "I was kidding, Skeppy. I know the difference between British and American football."

Bad sat still. "All the sports are the same to me."

"LMAO" a6d cracked up.

Bad ignored him and went back to encouraging Clay.
"YES CLAY YOU GO RUNRUNRUN AND KICK IT YESSSSS YEAH CLAY-"

"Hold on Bad-" George stood up, trying to see the field better- "something's wrong."

"What?"

Sapnap was on the ground; he got back up, then fell down again.

Skeppy leaned forward, "Is that, uhhh, Sapnap? What happened to him, I didn't see."

"Me either," George murmured. He didn't take his eyes off him.

"Awww I hope he's ok," Bad said.

"I'm sure it's fine, George," a6d said. "People get hurt in soccer all the time."

Some guys on the field huddled around Sapnap with the coach. After a minute he got up, favoring his leg, and was helped over to the bench. He looked okay.

"See?" A6d said. "He looks fine."

"Yeah." George sat back down, but he was still worried.

>>>
<<<

Clay came to talk to Sapnap while the game was paused.

"You okay?"

"Yeah," Sapnap winced. "They said it's probably just a bad sprain."

"Does it hurt a lot?"

"Not at all." He grimaced.

Clay chuckled. "OK." He patted his back. "Rest up. We need you for the next one."

"Of course. You guys would be trash without me."

Clay smiled and stood up. "A surefire mess."

"Get back to it, boi."

"Ok. See ya."

Clay jogged back onto the field, laughing to himself.

He's alright. I'm glad he's not badly hurt.

The others guys asked him if Nick was ok and he assured them he was fine. He reminded them to focus on the game; they can all talk afterwards.

(600+ words)

If that felt like a criminally short chapter it's because it was one.
I really don't know much about soccer and I figured most ppl are here for more shipping than sports so yee.
(Sidenote: yesterday this book went from 20k reads to 25k - wow [do I need a new cover?] tysm <3)

And finally, I don't think I can keep going at this pace. So I'm letting you guys decide:
Do you want shorter chapters or less frequent updates?
I think short chapters are less satisfying as a reader but that might be just me, so I'm leaving it up to you guys.

Don't fret, there's plenty to look forward to.