Chapter 19: Game Time, Baby

George sat on the bleachers, waiting for the game to start.

It was a chilly day, fitting for Halloween. Metal bleachers aren't the most comfortable to sit on in October, but George didn't really mind: he was here for Clay.
He checked his watch.

Eight more minutes? I thought it was sooner.

He thought back to lunch and Skeppy storming off.

I shouldn't have gotten into an argument with him. I know he's hot-headed.

He was sitting high up, most people were in lower seats in groups. He looked across the field at the soccer teams warming up.

It'd be bad if this bothers Clay; they're his best friends.
Maybe it's fine though, it's normal for friends to have kerfuffles.

He noticed the trio approaching the bleachers. Bad stopped at the bottom with a6d. Then a6d gave Skeppy a little shove towards George. He made an eye roll with his whole head and begrudgingly walked up the stairs to where George was sitting.

He shuffled over and sat down next to him.
"Hey."

"Hey." George eyed him. He was looking down at his hands.

There was a brief pause; Skeppy broke the silence.

"I'm sorry."

George didn't expect that. Skeppy wasn't the type to apologize.

He continued, "I shouldn't have snapped at you like that. I didn't mean it. I was kinda already on edge so it pushed me over."

George didn't know what to say. This was unusual behavior.
"I forgive you."

Skeppy finally looked at him. "So we cool now?"

"Yeah," George answered.

"Great." Skeppy waved at Bad and Vincent and cupped his hands over his mouth. "You can come up now!"

"yaaaaAAAAAAYYYY!" Bad bounced up the bleachers and plonked himself down right next to Skeppy.
"Hi George!"

George smiled.
"Hi, Bad."

A6d was a little slower, but he sat in between Skeppy and George, possibly to break up any other arguments.
"Hello, George."

"Hey, a6d."

"WOOOOOOOO CLAY GO CLAY GO GO!" Bad made George jump with his sudden shout.

"Bad, they haven't started yet. They're still just warming up."

"I know, Skeppy, but I want him to do good."

"He will, don't worry." Skeppy leaned back against the seat behind them. "Clay's the best."

Bad followed suit. Then a6d.

George shurgged.
Might as well.

Then all four of them sat in between the seats, with their legs hanging down.

"This is cold," a6d remarked.

"Yeah Skeppy, I'm cold."

"Here." Skeppy pulled Bad flat across his lap, laughing.

"OUESHOF SKEPPY!" Bad wiggled, "I CAN'T SEE- oh wait this is actually comfortable."

He humphed and laid still.

"Wait you're actually staying there?" Skeppy looked a little alarmed.

"Really Bad? You want to stay there?" a6d asked doubtfully.

Bad turned over with another humph, "yeah it's comfy and warm. You don't want me to, Skeppy?"

"N- No, it's fine."

George chuckled.
Skeppy scowled.
"Do whatever you want, I don't care." He looked away.

A6d laughed and said to George, "At least I have someone to third wheel with now."

At this, Skeppy whipped his head around and opened his mouth.

>>>
<<<

Clay heard Skeppy shouting from out on the field and turned to look.

What the hell are they doing now?

They weren't hard to spot because basically everyone was looking at them now. Everyone from the other school, that is; students from their school were used to Skeppy and his friends' arguments.

Still, the commotion didn't go entirely unnoticed by their soccer team.
Fundy gave Clay a teasing smile, "Yo, your friends are kinda crazy, man."

Clay laughed. "I know, but you're one to talk."

"Touché."

"Didn't you say yesterday that one of those guys-" Clay gestured at the opposing team warming up nearby- "lived next to you as a kid?"

Fundy shrugged. "Yeah, Vurb. At practice the other day he was like 'omg you don't remember me? I thought we were best friends. Awww.'"

"We were best friends!" Vurb was behind them suddenly.

"AH what the hell? Where did you come from?!" Fundy jumped.

"Haha I'm a parasite; you can't get rid of me." Vurb smiled smugly, the smile was weird. "No seriously, do you actually not remember me?"

"I think my brain cut your weirdness out of my memory."

Vurb looked hurt and Clay saw the other guys coming over to them.

Where one goes, the others follow.
Nice of the coach to give us a breather before the game starts.

"What's going on everybody, welcome to our home field guys!" Zelkham said, Mega trailing behind him.

"Thanks, Zelk. Hey guys." Clay waved at the others.

"You ready to die a painful death?" Vurb asked.

"Who are you kidding, Vurb, they're totally going to cream us." Spifey said. "Just look at that guy-" he pointed at Techno- "he's intimidating."

Clay laughed. "He's not that bad."

Techno felt their eyes on him and looked their way creepily.

Clay reconsidered. "Actually yeah he might kill you."

"Well that's comforting, Clay. Thank you for that." Zelk said sarcastically.

"Eh, I don't really care about the game to be honest." Finn said.

Fundy looked at the bleachers for both teams. "Yeah, I think most people here don't either."

"Can we still come to the party after we lose?" Spifey asked.

"Yeah, of course. It doesn't matter either way." Clay answered him.

A whistle blew.

"Looks like we're starting. Good luck boys." Zelk said as they started jogging towards their respective sides.

"You too!" Clay waved back.
And they got ready to play.

(911 words)

Sorry, I lied. I didn't start the game.
Also sorry about the shorter chapter, I got super behind. I'm planning to catch up this weekend tho.
Goods news tho, I worked out a kink in the future plot so now it should be good.

PLS give me more FLUFF ideas you want to see in the Halloween party >:)
I want maximum fanservice UwU don't you want that?
(If I don't do it then it doesn't mean I don't like the idea, it just interferes with something I planned out already)