STANZA #1

she smelled of books and stories,of all the worlds she'd lived within,as though the ink has left the pages,to find new home on her skin,

of all the worlds she'd lived within,
as though the ink has left the pages,
to find new home on her skin,

she smelled of books and stories,of all the worlds she'd lived within,as though the ink has left the pages,to find new home on her skin,

Y/N SLEEPS PEACEFULLY ON her desk with her head resting on her arm and her face covered by the math book. however that sleep didn't last long before being interrupted by the teacher suddenly calling her attention.

"l/n would you like to answer this question?" the teacher asked eying the sleeping student but she didn't answer. the h/c haired girl wasn't able to hear her therefore wasn't able to respond. "l/n?"

everyones eyes now shifted to girls including the some grey orbs which usually would pay no mind. this was a usual sight of shikibu being caught sleeping and getting caught but around this time she would've responded already.

the classroom went quiet and all you could hear was the sound of the clock ticking and a few small snores.

before the teacher could continue to pester and wake her up, the bell rang loud and clear making y/n jolt up and opened her eyes to see everyone staring at her. she just stared back at everyone with confused eyes.

"you're all dismissed for lunch." the teacher announced giving the students the go signal to start talking and leave the classroom. "l/n, would you please stay for bit? i need discuss a few things with you."

she stretched her arms and back letting out a yawn before standing up from her sit ever so energetically. "yes ms?" y/n smiled innocently still not knowing what's going on.

"are you getting enough sleep?" ms. shoshi asked in a passive aggressive and intimidating tone which stunned the student for a bit.

"yes ms." she replied nodding her head not thinking much of the question while causally sliding her hands into her skirt's pockets.

"why are you sleeping in my class then?" she asked strictly an irk mark popping on her forehead.

"you're pretty boring." she said honestly showing no signs of shame for giving such a blunt answer, at least most students would come up with an excuse. "it was very hard to stay awake but i'm sorry ms."