STANZA #6

you don't have to cling to people who no longer made you smileor do something you've come to hate if it isn't worth your while

or do something you've come to hate
if it isn't worth your while

"OSAMU!" y/n greeted brightly while we watched the door to the miya household open. the door was opened by the one and only miya osamu.

"hey." he nodded his head pulling the door even wider and stepping to the side indicating her to come inside.

"oh my! y/n dear you're here again." the familiar older women sitting on the sofa said as she saw y/n walk in. "what a pleasure."

"thank you miya-san!"

"what are you guys going to do today?" she asked curious what would bring her here for another time and from what she remembers, the first time she came her was for atsumu and atsumu was out in camp right now so it slightly confused her.

"osamu is gonna teach me how to cook!" at least that's what he told her on the phone, but she's not sure if that's true.

"i wish you best of luck, he gets a bit too controlling the in kitchen. he once was teaching atsumu how to cook rice and they somehow ended with the two of them covered with rice grains." mama miya stood up from the sofa and headed towards the door. "anyways i'll get going now, osamu make sure she has fun and y/n i wish you the best of luck! have fun you two!" she waved as she left.

"bye miya-san!"

"bye mom."

"are we actually going to make some onigiri?" y/n asked the real question. there's no way osamu was just gonna get her cook as she remembers telling him that the highest quality dish she can make is egg on burnt toast.

"no we're not going to cook, it was just an excuse to get you to come over." osamu have her that look before waking over to the kitchen. "i don't trust you enough to work in a kitchen." he teased while putting his apron and tying the knot in the back.

"you could've just asked me to come over and i would've said yes." y/n groaned following hin into the kitchen and sitting down on a chair. "you didn't have to get my hopes up like that."

"don't worry, i'll be doing the cooking and you just have to wait."

"while we're at it, do you want me to fight in a war?"

"what?"

"are we not reversing gender stereotypes wait! you're serious about cooking for me?!" she would've never guess a man would be cooking for her. helping someone is fine, but someone besides zumi giving here a meal?! unheard of.

"yes, you dumbass." the grey hair turned around just to give her this deadpan look. "you can bring your stuff up to me and atsumu's room."

"alright." she got up from the chair and headed up the stairs to their room. not much really changed besides the fact the lower bunk is slightly emptier because of atsumu's temporary leave.

not wanting to be creepy, she placed her bag inside beside the door so when she comes back up to get it before leaving, it would quicker and easier.

"how long will it take for you to make the meal?" y/n asked once she made it back down and sat on the chair.

"give me fifteen to twenty minutes." by the looks of if, he was pulling out of utensils and opening cabinets to look for something. to say y/n didn't find this charming will be utter bullshit.

"yes sir!" she saluted before pulling her phone out of her pocket. "how do i explain this feeling? the one that comes unwilling." she stated as her voice shifted into a softer gentler tone, a tone way too out of character for someone like her.

"what?" osamu asked his voice tainted with confusion.

"the kind that divide my mind, and puts my words into a bind?" she paused before exhaling a deep sigh. "does that sound good or weird?" she's happy she now has someone to talk about this stuff with since he knows her identity. it felt really nice to be open and get feedback from someone who's not a middle age man on discord.

"it sounds nice. is this for another one of your poems, cupid?" he complimented and y/n could sweat even if she can't see it, she can feel a small smile on his face. it's quite obvious the two have gotten comfortable with each other despite the short time they've met.

"yeah but i've been lacking inspiration lately."

"i've been meaning to ask." he asked while washing his hands before grabbing a towel to dry them. "what's your type?" he glanced at her.

"oh i'm an b+."

"no thats your blood type, i'm asking about your type."

"i usually use fairy pokemons because they're pretty but ice types are cool."

"i'm not asking about your pokemon, what's your type in men?" his tone slightly irritated. how can a literal poem genius, not able to understand what he meant by 'what's your type?'

"you could've specified!" she exclaimed before letting out a chuckle. "i like hot rich men men, like people above the age of 25 and they have have to be like a sugar daddy to me."

"what about boys our age?" osamu asked placing the plate filled with food on the table. he didn't know why he was asking this, out of curiosity? yes, let's just say he's curious. nothing and nothing less.

"thank you for the food!" she smiled brightly at the boy was pulled a chair to sit down on. "someone cool i guess. fun, energetic, stupid but not too dumb, extroverted, playful, flirty, and tall of course, confident-"

"so atsumu?"

"nope, i'm just describing my ex boyfriend." she and osamu already had a conversation about their past partners so saying this wouldn't be too weird.

"you sure? you sounded like you were talking about atsumu."

"no i wasn't, calling him cool is giving him too much credit." she joked while munching on the onigiri. "even if i was, he likes my best friend so that would be kinda awkward. being a love triangle isn't really my thing." not to mention zumi likes him back too, but osamu didn't need to know that part. she had morals, and her morals are telling her not be an asshole and fuck up a possible married couple. "what about you? what's your type of girl our age?"

"someone who isn't too skinny, so i can feed them without making me feel bad that i'm making them gain weight."

"should i introduce you to a girl?"

"no, i'm fine. i'm not interested in a relationship right now."

"what if i can change your mind?"

author's note !
hey sexc ;)) good news ! cupid's crush has a planned ending right now and if you're curious about it you can message me and find out don't worry i don't really care 🙇‍♀️🧍‍♀️

ALSO YES THIS BOOK IS BACK AFTER A LONG 4-5 MONTHS I THINK TO THOSE WHO WAITED IM HERE <3