Chapter 6

It was summer when she met Zheng Hui. She was insanely happy after she met someone like her. Someone who doesn't get old. Someone who's not a mortal.

They became friends after some time and she never doubted him. Nor asked him how he knew she was different or how he knew her location. She was fine having him beside him . For the least, she wasn't alone.

Mei Xing was happy with Zhang Hui's company though the man would sometimes evade some topic and she'll just drop it off.

Their friendship lasted for hundred of years. She asked Zhang Hui once where he lives and he never answered in specifically. He'll just tell her that he'll say it when the time comes.

Though they were friends for a long time. She knew the man didn't give her enough assurance of his identity. He was her only friend so she didn't want to make an unnecessary fight or ask questions that he wouldn't like, which is she should have.

It was until days later that Zhang Hui came to her after being missing  for a month and he asked her if she wanna go with him.

Mei Xing was ecstatic. It would be her first time to go somewhere different and to meet someone like her . At last she would go to somewhere she really belonged.

At that time she never doubted his intentions nor sked him why he suddenly invited her to his place.

But reaching the place where he lives she knew something was off. It was different from her imagination . The place was dark with creepy vibes all the tree she sees as they walk were either lifeless and didn't have leaves. The sky also didn't have any trace of sun. It was the opposite to her expectation.

Realizing that they are really not the same she suddenly remembered a thing from a book she read ages ago. The book was all about the different beings aside from mortals and it explained that demons and gods existed somewhere that there eyes couldn't see.

She never once that thought that Zhang Hui was a demon. Perhaps , it was her happiness of meeting him that she couldn't think of anything bad about him. Being rational was not really on her vocabulary.

At that time he doubted that Zhang Hui is a demon but she never asked him directly. She also still trust her as long as their friendship isn't harmed. Or as long as Zhang Hui didn't garner evil thoughts about her. It was fine with her.

She knew something was off when they entered his place. And at that time she should have left.

Zhang Hui just announced that he is getting married to her and she was so surprised. She really couldn't comprehend everything she just heard.

She asked Zhang Hui what the hell did he just say and why did he say it. But the Zhang Hui she knew was long gone. Staring in front of her was a man with a darkened and frightening aura. He was deadly.

She tried to escape and begged him not to continue the marriage. Although they were friends for so long she never felt something for Zhang Hui. Aside from that she values marriage and she would never marry someone she didn't like.

But Zhang Hui didn't let her go. As long as she would become his wife he's do anything. And she didn't even have a slightest clue why would Zhang Hui would marry her. If her conclusion was right Zhang Hui didn't even like her.

When she was in the demon realm she tried to escape not once not twice until the wedding ceremony took off. Zhang Hui was livid everytime she'd do that but she never stopped.