Chapter 15: Why Does She Still Have Hope?

If she didn’t have any rights, why did she have the obligation to hold responsibility?

Fang Meixian’s eyes almost burst into flames, “What do you mean you don’t have any obligation? We raised you!”

“Isn’t 300 million enough to pay for that?” Li Weiyin looked at Fang Meixian, completely unswayed. “Or do I owe you my life?”

Her gaze was firm and her voice was cold. It was as though she was ready to give her life away if Fang Meixian said yes.

It frightened Li Jinzong so much, he immediately grabbed onto her, “Don’t listen to your mother’s nonsense. It’s easy for her to say when she’s not the one that’s doing it.”

She wasn’t the one that was being forced to break up with someone she loved and she wasn’t the one that was expected to entrust her life to an idiot. As an outsider, she reasoned confidently; she wasn’t the one that was suffering so she was naturally relaxed.

But, how strong of a foothold did the Xu Family have, and how smart was Mrs. Xu?

Would she easily hand the Xu Family over to her daughter-in-law? Even if she was low on energy and Young Master Xu’s condition was unique, she could still entrust a funds management company and ask them to manage the Xu Family’s properties and assets while Young Master Xu sat back and enjoyed the benefits.

Li Jinzong definitely had more foresight than Li Weixin and Fang Meixian. It was more likely that Mrs. Xu was in a rush to find a daughter-in-law because she needed someone to take care of her son and start the next generation. That way, she could nurture the third generation while she was still strong and healthy.

“Go invite your boyfriend for a meeting,” Li Jinzhong patted Li Weiyin on the hand.

“Dad, Yucheng came a few days ago, but Mom and Xinxin told him I wasn’t from the Li Family.” Li Weiyin looked at the mother and daughter. “Yucheng has a misunderstanding now. When he comes, you will have to think about how Mom and Xinxin will explain themselves.”

Li Jinzong looked at his wife who was avoiding his gaze with guilt and his younger daughter who had her head down. He then took a deep breath and said, “I know you’ve suffered. I will get your mother and sister to apologize.”

Li Jinzong had lived for many years. His family was simple, but he had heard about the battles amongst wealthy families. This was the first time he had witnessed a mother and younger sister scheme against their daughter and older sister. Worst of all, it happened in his own family!

Li Weiyin nodded her head, picked up her thermos container, and left.

“What did you two do? Did you consider how Yinyin would be affected if Lou Yucheng believed your words? Do you know how she felt when she discovered her own mother and sister said she wasn’t a part of the Li Family? I’m not dead. Are you trying to tear this family apart?”

“Stop yelling at Xinxin. It was my suggestion. I did it for our family’s sake. Over the years, you’ve been holding back your pride and pleading people to maintain the company. It hurts my heart. If Yinyin marries into the Xu Family, you won’t have to worry about people scheming against you and you won’t have to plead for mercy again. What’s wrong with that?”

“Daddy, don’t blame Mom. She simply couldn’t bear to see you suffer…”

Outside, Li Weiyin had not left yet. She leaned against the door and her lips subconsciously curved upwards.

Dealing with Li Jinzong was a child’s play for Fang Meixian, especially with the addition of Li Weixin. No matter how overboard they went, Li Jinzong was hopeless against them.

As expected, Li Jinzong finally said in an exhausted voice, “It’s my fault…”

With a laugh, Li Weiyin started walking away.

Why did she still have hope when she knew what the result would be?