Chapter 39: Completely At A Loss

"You are..."—Li Weiyin hesitated with uncertainty—"Xu Yimo?"

"Yes, that's me, Miss. My name is Xu Yimo," Xu Yimo's smile was brighter than the early morning sun.

Li Weiyin's expression turned complex as she analyzed Xu Yimo with caution.

Xu Yimo was Mrs. Xu's only child; he couldn't possibly have a twin. In that case, the only explanation for the other persona she met was that he was putting on an act.

The Xu Family called the shots in Jin City and their family was simple. Why would they get their only heir to pretend to be intellectually disabled?

Originally, she thought she would be starting a new life. With a family like the Xu's and someone like Mrs. Xu backing her, things were bound to be more relaxing than when she was with the Li Family. But, as soon as she stepped through the door, Li Weiyin felt a foreboding feeling.

"Miss, what's wrong?" Xu Yimo was sensitive to the changes in a person's emotions. He sensed that Li Weiyin was a little conflicted and suddenly felt a little sad. He lowered his dense and long eyelashes and said quietly, "Do you not like me?"

Li Weiyin's mind was in a jam. She started traveling when she was 15 and had spent the last 7 years tasting different cuisines all around the world, so she naturally came in contact with a variety of people.

She always thought she could handle herself in front of any type of person, but in front of Xu Yimo, she was completely at a loss.

The two of them were getting married. He clearly knew that she knew he was putting on act, yet he was still acting so real. Did he want her to play along?

Li Weiyin had no objections towards their marriage nor did she insist on seeing Xu Yimo beforehand. Since Xu Yimo had the intelligence of an 8-year-old and could not make decisions on his own, she decided to be honest with Mrs. Xu.

But, the situation was completely different now. Xu Yimo was pretending to be intellectually disabled and even his mother was fooled.

Why didn't he object to this dirty transactional marriage?

Should she tell Mrs. Xu about this?

If she did, would Xu Yimo hate her?

And if she didn't, how was she to face Mrs. Xu after the truth got out?

Had she slapped herself with her previous honesty and turned herself into a joke?

The Li Weiyin that never regretted her decisions suddenly felt a trace of regret.

"You really don't like me..." Xu Yimo felt distraught when he saw that she still hadn't responded.

He lowered his head sadly, completely concealing his expression. But, the sadness emanating from his body was strong; he was as pitiful as someone that had been abandoned by the world.

Li Weiyin didn't do anything, but she felt like she had somehow turned into a cruel person that bullied children.

Li Weiyin: "..."

Just as she was struggling with the situation, Mrs. Xu's voice sounded, "Eh? What's this?"

Mrs. Xu saw Assistant Yang carry Li Weiyin's suitcase into the house earlier, but she did not see her, so she came out to have a look. From a distance, she saw the two interacting, but before she started feeling happy, she sensed something wasn't right.

"Mommy..." Xu Yimo's eyes were extremely attractive. At that moment, they were teary and filled with grievances.

Li Weiyin: "..."

Mrs. Xu looked at her son before she looked at Li Weiyin. Li Weiyin had a decent EQ; there was no way she would hurt Xu Yimo.

"Yimo, do you not like Yinyin?" Mrs. Xu tried to find the reason from her son first.

Xu Yimo pursed his lips, stole a glance at Li Weiyin, and shook his head sullenly.