Chapter 37: Ruthless To Herself

Assistant Yang looked young, but he had actually been by Mrs. Xu's side for 5 years and had seen all kinds of people during this time. A fully transparent woman like Li Weiyin, who wanted to be honest and open about everything, was the first he had come across.

"Doesn't it hurt to expose your own scars?" he couldn't help but ask.

The soft sunlight fell on Li Weiyin's long, curly eyelashes, with a crystal-like luster. She smiled, "Humans are always the most tolerant of themselves. Since the scars have already been made, I can't treat it like it doesn't exist. Rather than letting others tear it open and causing a bloody mess, I might as well do it myself. At least, I know how much I can handle."

Assistant Yang suddenly felt a sense of respect for this unique woman, "Go ahead."

"6 years ago, I got into City First High School..."

For Li Weiyin, her high school life would have been perfect and beautiful if not for Han Qiu.

At 16, Li Weiyin was already slim and beautiful. During the prime of her youth, she naturally attracted a lot of attention.

Every school had a few young and ignorant rich kids.

Eating, drinking, playing, fighting, and flirting, Han Qiu did all those things, but he did not study. Even to this day, it was still a mystery how he got into City First High School.

The moment that Han Qiu entered senior high, he dumped his girlfriend from junior high and started pursuing Li Weiyin like crazy.

Li Weiyin fought with him a countless number of times. Initially, he was no match for her, but slowly, he caught up and eventually held his own against her. It seemed, Han Qiu spent all his energy on improving his fighting skills.

The two of them were entangled with each other until the third year of senior high. Li Weiyin placed most of her attention on her textbooks, but Han Qiu kept pushing his limits more and more. When she expressed her concern to the headmaster, she had no proof so he simply warned Han Qiu a little and let it pass. A teacher that was being bribed by the Han's even told her that 'it took two to tango'.

Li Weiyin began to think about changing schools. Although the timing wasn't ideal, news of it somehow leaked.

As a result, Han Qiu bravely kidnapped her and tried to force himself onto her!

That truly infuriated Li Weiyin. She knew that if she didn't act ruthlessly, she would never have peace.

She either had to kill Han Qiu and go to prison, or beat him half to death and be forever cautious of the Han Family's revenge. Perhaps, she may even be forced to apologize to Han Qiu by marrying him.

But, she got into an intense fight with Han Qiu instead and used his obsession for her to take him down.

The moment she noticed someone approaching, she shoved a knife into Han Qiu's hand, grabbed his wrist, and stabbed herself with it.

The attempted rape turned into an attempted murder. This one stab resulted in 2 months of bed rest and 6 months of recovery. But, in exchange, the Han Family watched as Han Qiu was sent to prison for 4 years even after they exhausted all efforts.

Assistant Yang was shocked; this woman was more ruthless than he thought.

But, this ruthlessness was towards herself.

Plenty of people could be ruthless to others, but those that could be ruthless to themselves were rare.

"I will honestly relay this information to the Madam." Assistant Yang was a little stunned. He was self-admittedly good in social situations, but even at that moment, he didn't know what to say to the young woman.

Li Weiyin nodded and watched as he boarded his car.

The Han Family weren't small potatoes; they still held a certain amount of power in Jin City. Li Weiyin didn't want Mrs. Xu to find out about this matter after she was married into the family and she didn't want her to develop any resentment.