Chapter 41: Using Jade As A Metaphor

Her suitcase was the largest size, and it was so full of stuff that it weighed 30kg!

Yet, Xu Yimo picked it up with one hand and managed to run with it! Wasn't he planning to hide his strength at all?

Mrs. Xu watched as Li Weiyin stared at her disappearing son in shock and smiled warmly, "Did you meet Yimo before?"

Li Weiyin didn't know how to answer this question. Should she surrender and tell Mrs. Xu that she saw the real Xu Yimo?

After a moment of hesitation, Li Weiyin explained the coincidence, "I was delivering dinner to my dad ..."

In the end, Li Weiyin only revealed the bread incident outside the hospital to Mrs. Xu.

She felt a little guilty, but before she fully understood the situation in the Xu household, she did not want to offend either party.

"Does that mean you were the one that saved the Wang Family's child?" Mrs. Xu asked in surprise.

Li Weiyin looked confused, "That child?"

That day, she could tell that the child had been kidnapped, but the Li Family were involved, so she did not call the police after she saw plenty of people around and confirmed the child had safely left.

"A little while ago, there was a period when a few children were kidnapped Fortunately, the little rascal was smart and managed to escape. He tricked Yimo into buying him some bread because he had been starved for a few days," Mrs. Xu explained briefly. Thanks to the child's escape, an entire trafficking organization was discovered and taken down.

The child had mentioned that a pretty sister saved him and the Wang Family even placed an ad in the newspapers to look for the good samaritan. But, it seemed, Li Weiyin did not pay attention to it.

"I see."

So it was true that there was a kidnapping. No wonder Auntie Hui and the other workers agreed to Li Weixin's instructions so easily.

Mixing a little truth into a lie was the best way to make it convincing.

Compared to weaving a lie from scratch, Li Weixin much preferred using the truth to achieve her sinister motives.

Shaking her head, Li Weiyin laughed. Why was she wasting her time thinking about an irrelevant person?

"I will make a phone call to the Wangs tomorrow"

"There's no need, Mrs. Xu."

"You're still calling me Mrs. Xu?" Mrs. Xu interrupted, her eyes smiling with a trace of anticipation.

Li Weiyin twisted awkwardly for the first time as she mentally prepared herself. But, just as she was about to open her mouth, Mrs. Xu stood up and said, "Oh, I was so excited, I almost forgot .."

Gently patting herself on the forehead, Mrs. Xu went to fetch a carved square box. She handed it to Li Weiyin and said, "This is from me. See if you like it."

"Thank you, Mom," Li Weiyin did not refuse. Since Mrs. Xu told her to look at it, she obediently opened it to have a look.

Inside was an entire set of jade jewelry : a necklace of coral beads, two pairs of bracelets, and a pair of earrings.

The jade was white and flawless, delicate and graceful, and it was glossy like a piece of condensed fat. This was the legendary mutton fat jade.

"Do you like it?" Mrs. Xu asked again.

"Yes," Li Weiyin nodded. Who wouldn't like such a beautiful jade?

"It took me a long time to pick it. You remind me of mutton fat jade : pure, flawless, transparent, and delicate"—Mrs. Xu held onto Li Weiyin's hand— "From now on, when you call me Mom, I will treat you like my own child."

Li Weiyin felt a little bad, "Don't rate me too highly. I'm afraid I will let you down."

Mrs. Xu smiled gently, "Mutton fat jade is beautiful, but what I like more about it is that it has the strongest toughness and wear resistance of all jade stones. Even if it is buried in the ground for a hundred years, it will not be contaminated by sludge."

The jade was a metaphor for the person in front of her.

Li Weiyin's eyes suddenly stung a little. Even if Xu Yimo was a calculative person, she believed she should, at least, persevere for Mrs. Xu.

~

🐼: It took me a while to update this one. I got so little resources about this novel, not many sites have this novel so I need to scourge some more but I got nothing 😢. Soooo I went wbnvl and ss it then scan it and voila 😃.

Enjoy the chapter dearieeess 💓
Have fun reading 💕