Chapter 21: Provocation

By not compromising at that moment, Lou Yucheng had no idea what he would end up losing.

Li Weiyin never left loose ends. After she returned to the apartment that she rented in Chengjiang, she huddled up in the corner of the bed and mumbled to herself, “Two hours. You can only be weak for two hours…”

Big drops of tears fell from her eyes. In the dark unlit room, she hugged herself the way she had done during many countless nights. As she bit the quilt and cried helplessly, she used her tears to vent her emotions, and bid farewell to the love she had lost.

She cried until her eyes turned red and swollen, until the quilt was soaked, and until her head felt groggy, but she did not make a sound.

Growing up, she was used to handling everything on her own so people couldn’t see her weaknesses.

Roughly 2 hours later, she tore off her quilt, grabbed some clothes to change into, and had a bath. As she sat emotionless at the dressing table, she applied some skincare products and made a phone call to her landlord. She told him she was moving tomorrow and asked him to inspect the house.

She then started packing her things and placed everything related to Lou Yucheng into a box.

After that, she deleted his contact details and photos from her phone.

For her, it was best for ex-lovers to never contact each other again, regardless of their reason for breaking up. As for being friends, that was even more of a no-no.

After dealing with these matters, she finally went to sleep. When she woke up the next morning, she used makeup to cover her eyes and exhaustion, cooked herself some breakfast, and went to do some morning exercise. When she returned, her landlord and his wife had arrived. After she handed over the apartment, she went to cancel her phone number.

Her phone number and Lou Yucheng’s phone number only had two numbers that were different; It was a pair of couple numbers that no longer needed to exist.

In the end, she came full circle and returned to Jin City.

As soon as she returned home, she saw Li Weixin. For some reason, there was no one else at home.

Li Weixin stepped down the last few steps of the stairs with a different expression to her usual soft and well-behaved demeanor. Her eyes scanned across Li Weiyin’s suitcase and she laughed smugly.

“What? Didn’t you go look for your boyfriend?”

Li Weiyin ignored her as she pulled her suitcase and walked past. But, Li Weixin insisted on blocking her way.

When outsiders weren’t around, Li Weixin had always been like this. She always provoked her to say words she wanted when she predicted her family was about to return home.

As soon as they walked through the door, she would trigger her anger and make it appear like she was bullying her.

From a young age, this was an effective trick that she had used multiple times and she never got sick of it.

As she said so herself, a trick was not rotten as long as it worked.

“Li Weixin, I’m in a bad mood. Watch what you’re saying or you’ll regret it,” Li Weiyin warned with an emotionless expression.

But, Li Weixin did not take this to heart, “I’ve never regretted anything. It’s a fact that you’ve been dumped, why can’t I talk about it?”

Li Weiyin’s hand tightened around the handle of her suitcase.

“Look at yourself. You look like a stray dog. Did your owner get sick of you and kick you out…?”

Before Li Weixin finished speaking, Li Weiyin threw a kick towards her and Li Weixin immediately dodged like she had predicted it.

The Li Family only had two daughters, so from a young age, Li Jinzong specifically hired a martial arts master to teach the sisters in case they were ever taken advantage of.

Li Weixin immediately stood firm and her gaze turned sharp, “Li Weiyin, do you really think I’m afraid of you?”

As soon as she spoke, Li Weixin aimed her fist at Li Weiyin and rushed towards her like the wind.