Chapter 40: Extremely Dangerous Person

"Then why do you look so sad?" On the outside, Mrs. Xu was wise and fierce, but in front of her son, she was extremely patient. "This is Yinyin's first visit to our home. She left her Mommy, Daddy, and her own home to marry you. She lost her other loved ones, to come be your loved one. If you don't treat her well and don't welcome her, do you think that's right?"

Xu Yimo blinked his eyes and thought with seriousness. He then replied sincerely, "No."

Mrs. Xu smiled as she grabbed onto Li Weiyin and Xu Yimo's hands and placed Xu Yimo's hand into Li Weiyin's, "That's right. From now on, you need to treat Yinyin well. Yinyin will only treat you well if you treat her well."

"So Yinyin will like me if I like her?" Xu Yimo was still strung on Li Weiyin's reaction earlier. But, rather than calling her Miss, he now copied his mother and called her Yinyin.

Mrs. Xu looked at Li Weiyin and replied to Xu Yimo, "If you like Yinyin, she will definitely not dislike you. As for whether she will like you, it will depend on whether you try hard enough."

Xu Yimo's handsome face immediately lit up, "I will definitely try hard. I will be good to Yinyin and make her like me!"

Li Weiyin revealed a faint smile. She looked at Xu Yimo's fresh and pure face that was glowing under the sun and felt a trace of fear in her heart. This man was certainly good at acting.

Mrs. Xu seemed to be thinking about something as she said to Li Weiyin warmly, "Let go inside first."

The Xu Mansion was a garden-style home with a traditional design.

At the entrance, there was a roughly 10m² room with a moon gate cut into the wall and a pot of emerald green pine sitting on the stone table in the middle.

Entering the living room, there was a strong poetic vibe. The floors were paved with marble, and the black, gray, and white went well with the dark sandalwood furniture. The overall style was clean and neat, and it conveyed a sense of oriental elegance.

Compared to the opulent European style of the Li Mansion, Li Weiyin much preferred the artistic and sophisticated Xu Mansion.

"Sit," Mrs. Xu said as she led Li Weiyin into the living room. "I didn't get the chance to discuss your living arrangements after you get married. I respect your opinion. This is my long-term residence. If you want, you can live here with me and Yimo. If you need freedom and privacy, I can also arrange for you and Yimo to move out."

Li Weiyin was moved by Mrs. Xu's generosity and understanding. But, from the beginning, she never intended to move out. After all, she originally thought Xu Yimo was intellectually disabled. If they didn't stay in Mrs. Xu's sight and something happened to Xu Yimo, how would she explain herself?

Now that she knew the truth, she was even less likely to move. Xu Yimo was an extremely dangerous person. Li Weiyin had no choice.

With a smile, she shook her head, "I like it here."

Mrs. Xu nodded her head and said to Xu Yimo as he peeked at Li Weiyin, "Help Yinyin take her suitcase to her room. Yinyin will be sharing your room with you from now on."

"Really?" Xu Yimo was ecstatic as his eyes twinkled like stars.

But, Li Weiyin's heart thumped; it thumped with fear. The twinkle in his eyes looked more like the chilling light from a wolf's eyes in the middle of the night.

"Yinyin is your wife, of course, she's staying in the same room as you. Hurry and take the suitcase up," Mrs. Xu urged when she saw no objection from Li Weiyin.

"OK," Xu Yimo picked up the suitcase happily and quickly ran up the stairs.