Chapter 28: To Be Honest And To Understand

These feelings of compassion made Mrs. Xu curious about Li Weiyin, “May I know why you want to cut ties with them?”

“Is it because they forced you to sacrifice yourself for the sake of the Li Family’s crisis?”

If it was because of this reason, then Mrs. Xu couldn’t understand her.

Li Weiyin was born into a wealthy family and she enjoyed the glory and wealth brought by the family. To have conditions that were much better than a poor family’s, she had to be a member of the family. In that case, it was natural to take responsibility for the things she enjoyed in the event of a crisis.

Just as rights came with responsibilities, enjoyment came with obligations.

“I came here today, to be honest with you about my past…” Li Weiyin had no intention to hide the fact that she had just broken up.

Lou Yucheng’s family and business were powerful; they were on the same level as the Xu Family. Li Weiyin was unsure whether the two had cooperated, but she knew they would definitely meet in the future.

Rather than being suspected after meeting, it was better for her to reveal everything early.

Only when a person had no secrets would they not panic, and only when they had nothing to hide would they have no fear.

She wasn’t ashamed of having a boyfriend in the past, nor did she think of it as a mistake, so there was nothing to hide.

“I understand,” Mrs. Xu sighed gently.

It turned out, in just a few short days, this young woman had experienced so much. Yet, she did not look dispirited nor depressed.

This was the strength to withstand setbacks. The more she understood Li Weiyin, the more Mrs. Xu felt she had found her son a treasure.

“May I take the liberty to ask, did you break up because of your mother’s tricks?” After she asked this question, Mrs. Xu realized her timing wasn’t quite right. “If it’s not convenient, you don’t have to answer.”

“Not at all”—Li Weiyin took a deep breath—”He betrayed me. I am just an ordinary woman. I can tolerate many things, but I cannot tolerate physical betrayal.”

This sentence told Mrs. Xu that she was a person with principles.

Since Young Master Xu had problems with his intellect, Mrs. Xu was bound to worry that her daughter-in-law was a reckless woman with no restraint.

She could not allow others to betray her. Likewise, she would never betray others.

“A woman should have a bottom line. A cheater should never be forgiven,” Mrs. Xu particularly agreed with her decision. “I have one last question.”

“Go ahead,” Li Weiyin was very polite.

“Don’t you hate me?” Mrs. Xu asked with a smile as her eyes fell on Li Weiyin’s face, not letting a single expression escape from her sight. “If not for me, your mother would have been ecstatic about the Lou Family.”

Based on Fang Meixian’s character, if Mrs. Xu wasn’t one step ahead, she would have definitely thrown herself at Lou Yucheng instead of fooling him. In fact, she may have wrapped her daughter up like a gift and delivered her to him.

“Firstly, the Xu Family had no idea that I already had a boyfriend. Secondly, the Xu Family had no obligation to help the Li Family unconditionally,” Li Weiyin said as she sat upright. Her naturally charming cat eyes were clear. “Thirdly, the Xu Family did not do anything by force. Everything was…due to their greed.”

The Xu Family held no responsibility for the entire matter. If Mrs. Xu had used any intimidation or bribery, Li Weiyin would not be sitting there.

She came here to be honest and to understand Mrs. Xu.

Even if she was shaking off the Li Family, she was not throwing herself into another fire pit cluelessly.

Mrs. Xu lifted her wrist and had a look at her watch, “15 minutes. You are the first person that’s made me like them in 15 minutes.”