Chapter 35: Admitting To What She'd Done

"What does Mrs. Xu mean by this? Does she want me to sell my daughter?" Li Jinzong's voice contained a sense of anger.

"Chairman Li, you know that our Young Master has a special condition. We are only protecting ourselves," Assistant Yang's voice was clear and resounding. Even though Li Weiyin never saw the man yesterday, she could tell from his voice that he had not reached 30.

"Our Madam met with Miss Li yesterday and felt she would make a good Xu Family member."

Assistant Yang emphasized the words, 'Xu Family Member', with an evident undertone.

"Please leave. I'd rather lose my company than sign that letter," Li Jinzong shooed loudly.

"Chairman Li, don't act on impulse. Mrs. Xu is busy and there are plenty of people that qualify to be her daughter-in-law. Our Young Master is in no rush to get married but the Li Family only has one chance. I hope you can take this into careful consideration."

Assistant Yang's tone was very gentle, but his words were extremely aggressive.

"I've already considered enough..."

"Jinzong, why don't you hear Yinyin's thoughts," Fang Meixian interrupted.

"What thoughts? How she's forced to repay your years of nurture?" Li Jinzong shouted at Fang Meixian.

What Li Weiyin said last time already made him uncomfortable for a long time. This time, the Xu Family was actually asking him to sign a letter of disownment. That was his daughter!

"Jinzong, you've said it in the past, the Li Family is not authoritarian; all major family affairs are decided by a family vote," Fang Meixian never embarrassed her husband in front of outsiders so her tone remained gentle. This was, perhaps, her only bit of wisdom.

"Fang Meixian, if you keep talking nonsense, then let's get a divorce!" Li Jinzong warned sternly.

Fang Meixian knew that when Li Jinzong called her by her full name, it meant he had reached the limit of his patience, so she looked at him coldly and shut her mouth.

"Sign it," Li Weiyin said indifferently as she pushed open the door and walked in carrying breakfast.

"Yinyin..." Li Jinzong looked at her anxiously.

Li Weiyin and Assistant Yang greeted each other with a nod. As expected, Assistant Yang was really young. Moreover, he had a fresh and handsome appearance.

As she handed breakfast to Li Jinzong, she said, "I suggested this letter of disownment to Mrs. Xu."

Li Weiyin's words shocked the entire hospital room, including Assistant Yang. Mrs. Xu never told him the backstory so he thought it was really what she wanted.

Li Weixin's eyes were filled with curiosity while Fang Meixian's eyes were filled with shock and anger. Meanwhile, Li Jinzong's eyes turned red with complexity.

Li Weiyin understood that Mrs. Xu was helping her keep this a secret. But, it wasn't necessary. She was Li Weiyin, if she dared to do something, then she also dared to admit to it.

"Dad, I'm tired. If you've ever really loved me, then treat this as your last display of fatherly love and agree," Li Weiyin said as she placed a thick bowl of smooth oatmeal porridge on the overbed table. Next to it, she placed a small plate of spinach and chicken omelet as well as a fried egg.

Her actions were meticulous and the breakfast was fragrant; it was obvious that the food was not bought. Based on this, she looked like a filial and dedicated daughter. Yet, the words that came out of her mouth were frighteningly heartless and harsh.

"Yinyin, you..." Li Jinzong's mouth quivered but no words came out.

"Dad, I know you truly love me, but you're too busy. You're so busy that when you return home and see me still in one piece with sufficient clothes and food, you automatically assume that I am doing well"—Li Weiyin handed a pair of chopsticks to Li Jinzong—"I'm thankful that the Li Family has allowed me to eat and drink well growing up and for providing me with a good education. So, I will not sit idly by while the Li Family is going through a crisis."

After a short pause, she said in a soft and firm voice, "But, that is all I'm thankful for."