Chapter 38: Are You My Wife?

When Assistant Yang brought the letter of disownment back to Mrs. Xu, he naturally relayed Li Weiyin's story to her.

Han Qiu's incident had previously come up in their investigation, but they didn't know there was more to the story and thought he had really failed to murder her. Perhaps, only Li Weiyin and Han Qiu knew the truth; even the Li Family were unaware.

"I thought Li Jinzong was mediocre, but I didn't expect him to be a fool." Mrs. Xu was even more displeased with Li Jinzong after hearing this. Her eyes fell on a copy of Li Weiyin's resume that was sitting on the desk. On it was a smiling photo of the young woman. "The Li's—one is mediocre and useless, the other is stupid with no self-awareness—yet they gave birth to a pretty amazing daughter."

"Madam, you found the most suitable person because you have a good eye for people," Assistant Yang agreed.

A person that could withstand a mediocre family and not have close ties with them was the most suitable for the Xu Family.

The most important thing was, Li Weiyin's character, abilities, and attitude were all beyond their expectations.

"Call Han Chuo and tell him to keep a close eye on his son. Don't trouble me into teaching him myself," Mrs. Xu instructed as she flipped open a document and quickly browsed it. "After all, my fees are high. I'm afraid they can't afford it."

"Yes," Assistant Yang replied with respect, knowing deep down that Mrs. Xu didn't just like Li Weiyin...

She wasn't even married into the family yet and she was already protecting her as though she was one of her own.

It seemed, he had one extra person to figure out from now on.

But, it didn't matter. As long as he wasn't forced to figure out the unpredictable Young Master Xu, then it was no problem.

If he had to pick a person to follow from now on, he would definitely pick the broad-minded Miss Li.

Of course, Li Weiyin had no idea about the things that Mrs. Xu did for her in private.

Afraid that she would feel awkward after her father signed the letter of disownment, Mrs. Xu quickly arranged for Li Weiyin and Xu Yimo to register their marriage overseas.

The day before Li Weiyin headed overseas, Li Jinzong was discharged from the hospital. He called Li Weiyin into the study room and handed her a document and an antique box, "This was meant to be your dowry."

When Mrs. Xu mentioned that they were not holding a wedding, his heart ached. He never imagined that his well-behaved and understanding daughter would suffer this much.

"I don't need it," Li Weiyin rejected. "Dad, I've never felt as relaxed in my 22 years of life as I do now. I hope you can let me get married without any burden."

Li Jinzong's lips quivered a little as he looked into the calm gaze of Li Weiyin. In the end, he sighed and said, "I understand. I will keep an eye on your sister and mother from now on. I won't let them interfere with your new life."

Compared to money and valuables, this was what Li Weiyin truly wanted. After all, the money and valuables meant nothing in the eyes of the Xu Family and did not help her at all.

Sure enough, Li Weiyin smiled when she heard this. She nodded her head and turned to leave. When she reached the doorway, she paused for a moment, but she did not turn back.

Assistant Yang personally went to pick her up the next day. He brought along helpers and three cars, but when he saw Li Weiyin standing at the door, she was only holding one suitcase in her hand.

Without saying anything, Assistant Yang brought Li Weiyin back to the Xu Mansion. As soon as they entered the front door, they saw a tall, fit man bending over to water some flowers. When he heard the noise, he lifted his head.

His attractive and pure eyes suddenly lit up, "Miss, are you the wife I'm marrying?"