Elijah...don't give up

Jesslyn's POV:

        It had been months since I had seen Elijah. When he went off with his brother to find a house, Marcel had sent men and they took me. I had been living in a cell for months. The baby seemed to be doing okay because he still kicked everyday. Currently, Marcel was letting me wander the grounds on my own. He had been letting me do this since I reached my 8 month mark. I guess he was just trying to push me into labor but I knew it wouldn’t work just yet. Today something happened, one of the guards left his post and that meant the gate was wide open. When I was sure no one was around me, I used my vampire speed and escaped. When I was outside my prison, I realized that I was in the next town away from Mystic Falls. Still using my vampire speed, I made my way back to the house.

Mystic Falls hasn’t changed at all. It was still full of supernatural beings but also the humans that knew nothing about it. Some were compelled to forget, some just didn’t know. The house I wanted was on the outskirts of the other side. So I made my way through the town unnoticed by the people in it. Finally I reached the house and it looked like no one had been there but I knew someone was there. I approached the door and pushed it open with my hands. The interior of the house hadn’t changed. It was still beautiful as I left it. When I hit the spot in the floor that made it creak, I heard footsteps running towards me. In the doorway stood Rebekah.

“ Jess...is that you?”

“ Bekah...its me.”

“ Where have you been?”

“ Marcel and his men, the were keeping me in the next town over. I was so close yet so far away from all of you.”

“ We searched the next town to the east. You weren’t there.”

“ That is cause you looked in the wrong direction.”

“ What?”

“ I was in the west, in a house that had a cell built under it. It had everything that they would need to deliver a baby. That means they wanted to keep me there until after my son was born and then who knows what they would have done to me.”

“ Elijah, has spent two months looking for you. He went back to Ireland to see your old family house.”

“ How did he know?”

“ That is what the note said.”

“ What note?”

“ The note that they left when they took you. They said that you went back to your family home in Ireland where you grew up.”

“ Where is Elijah?”

“ New Orleans with Niklaus looking for you.”

“ Call him Bekah. Please. He needs to know that I am alright. But we need to plan this right. Bring him home and then we can surprise him.”

“ Alright, I will call him but you need to go upstairs and rest for right now. He won’t be home until later tonight so I will wake you.”

“ Okay.”

I went upstairs and fell asleep in Elijah’s bed. Later in the evening, Rebekah woke me up.

“ Alright here is the plan. Elijah and Niklaus will be here in about twenty minutes. I have dinner on the table and I want you to come down five minutes after we sit down. Just time it on the clock and I will whisper something when we sit down. Keep your ears open okay?”

“ Okay.”

I walked around the room in the new dress Bekah had bought for me. It was blue like Niklaus’ eyes. While I was walking around, I heard the door open and close.

“ Nik, Elijah, thank you for joining me.”

“ Why did you call us here Rebekah? I need to be looking for Jesslyn.” Elijah said

“ I know, but we need to sit down and talk about it.”  Rebekah responded

The chairs around the table were pulled out and pulled back in. I heard the word that Rebekah told me she would say. My five minutes started now. Four minutes had gone by and I was getting more nervous. I had fixed my hair three times by the time my five minutes was up. I walked downstairs and into the dining room.

“ So….what have I missed?”

All the heads in the room turned and looked at me. Elijah was the first out his chair. He pulled me in for a bone crushing hug.

“ Lijah, don’t hurt your baby.”

“ Sorry…”

“ Its okay.”

I felt this wince of pain in my lower abdomen but I ignored it. NIklaus was the next one to pull me into a hug. The baby didn’t kick like it had for Elijah. The pain was back and this time it hurt worse.

“ Shit…” I whispered

“ What?”

“ Either the baby is kicking my bladder or…”

“ Should we go to the hospital?”

“ No. My water hasn’t broke yet.”

“ Alright, well tell us when it does. But for right now, lets go into the living room.”

We all went into the living room and sat down. I sat down next to Rebekah and the pain got worse. About ten minutes after we got in there, I felt a warm liquid on my thighs.

“ Now would a good time to go.”

Elijah carried me to the car and Niklaus and Rebekah climbed into the back.

“ Can we just go please? I don’t feel like having my son in a fucking SUV.”

Elijah drove very fast to the hospital and carried me inside.

“ Please, my finance is in labor! Someone help her.”

They carried me away into a different room. I knew that my son was going to be here tonight and that I would finally get to hold him in my arms.