Chapter 13

Pha's pov:

After lunch, i brought Ming out to the veranda and sat down on one of the chairs with him on my lap.

The rain had stopped. It was still cloudy but it wasn't raining anymore.

Mom was making some snacks and dad was making some calls.

"Ming i need to talk to you about something." I spoke up after a while.

He looked up at me and waited for me to speak.

"I'll be taking you to see a psychiatrist soon." I looked at him.

He froze at my answer.

His eyes started brimming with tears.

"D-did i do so-something wrong?" He asked shakily.

I frowned. "What? No! Why do you think you did something wrong?"

"M-my mother said i-if i d-do something wr-wrong she would s-send me to a psychiatrist...." He mumbled. "B-because If i m-make a mistake, th-that means s-something is wrong w-with me."

What the fuck......

"I-I'm sorry if i ma-made a mistake. I-I'll try n-not to repeat it." He looked at me with fear in his eyes.

What the hell have his parents been doing to him?

I turned him to face me fully.

"Ming listen to me." I wiped his tears gently.

"I'm not taking you to a psychiatrist because you did something wrong. I'm taking you there because i want you to be happy." I said firmly.

He blinked and titlted his head.

"You may not realise it but you're hurting a lot. Here." I pointed at his chest.

"And I'm taking you to a psychiatrist so we can get rid of that pain. So you can be happy all the time." I said.

"B-but i don't hurt anymore. Ever since you brought me here I've been happy." He clutched my shirt.

"Do you remember what happened in the reading room earlier?" I asked.

He thought for a few seconds then shook his head. "I remember looking out the window and then the next thing i remember is sitting on your lap in your room."

"You said you wanted to die." I said softly.

My voice shook a little just saying it.

He stiffened and looked at me wide eyed.

"You have no idea how scared we were when you said that. I thought my heart would stop. And you couldn't hear what i was saying even." I touched his forehead with mine.

"I didn't m-mean it. I'm sorry. " His voice cracked.

He gently wiped my cheeks. I didn't realise i was crying.

"I don't want that to keep happening in the future. So I'm taking you to psychiatrist so you can get help." I looked at him.

"I'm scared for you Ming. This time you only said it out loud. Next time you might even try it...." My voice trailed off.

"I w-won't..." He said softly.

"You said you don't remember what happened. And that's the bad thing. You're not in control of your body. You're locking yourself out subconsciously. You don't even realise you're doing it. And when that happens we don't know what you might do." I explained.

"If you go to a psychiatrist, they will help you recover. They will help you so these episodes won't happen. I want you to be in full control of your body all the time. Whether it's raining or not. And be happy." I rubbed his back gently.