chapter 14

Pha's pov:

I went to Ming's room after taking a shower and changing into some comfortable clothes. 

He was sitting on the bed staring out the window again. 

"Ming." I called him. 

His head snapped towards me. 

"Owh p'Pha." He smiled. 

I went and sat next to him.

"Do you want to sleep with me tonight?" I gently brushed back his hair. 

He blinked a few times. 

"But didn't you say i should start getting used to sleeping on my own?" He asked. 

"Yeah i did. But i want you to get enough sleep. You're having nightmares whenever you sleep on your own. I don't want you to be sleep deprived." I said. 

"I'm ok. I'll get used to it soon. These dreams will stop soon enough as well." He assured me. 

But i could tell he was trying to put up a tough act. He wasn't ok. 

"When are you going to stop lying to me?" I frowned. 

He looked taken aback by my question.

"You're not ok. You think i can't see that? You might think you're good at hiding your pain but you're not. I can see it in your eyes. So stop. I never told you to stop relying on us. I never told you to hide from us." I said. 

He blinked profusely. 

He pursed his lips and nodded. 

"Now come on. Let's go to sleep." I lifted him up and went to my room. 

"P' i can walk." He said. 

"I don't care." I replied firmly. 

He kept quiet after that. 

We got under the duvet and i pulled him close to me.

He wrapped his arms around me and buried his face in my chest.

I gently ran my fingers throught his hair.

Before long i could hear his soft snores.

I also fell asleep not too long after.

Ming's pov:

The next day, i woke up in p'Pha's arms.

I was really happy when he asked if i wanted to sleep with him. I tried assuring him that I'll be fine because i didn't want to bother him too much.

But it seems I'm not as good at acting as i thought i was.

When he asked when i was going to stop lying to him, my heart almost stopped. I thought he caught on about the incident in the reading room and the conversation after that.

Thankfully i was able to hide that well.

I slowly got up and went to my room. I went into the bathroom and took a shower before going out.

Mom and dad were already there.

"Good morning." I greeted them.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well last night?" Dad smiled.

I nodded and sat at the table beside him.

P'pha came out of the room not too long after.

"Pha did you talk to Ming?" Dad asked while we were eating.