Chapter 24

Ming's pov:

"P' can i swim in the pool?" I asked after we finished having breakfast and i helped him wash the dishes.

"Sure. But not for too long ok?" He answered.

I nodded.

I went into the bedroom and changed into the swimming shorts before going back downstairs and out into the backyard.

When i got there, the doors of the shed like place was open.

And it was like a mini lounge. P'pha was sitting on one of the chairs reading a book.

I went and jumped into the pool.

I swam around for a while before just floating on my back staring at the sky.

I felt peaceful. Calm. Carefree.

I haven't felt like this in years.

If P'pha hadn't found me that night i would probably have died from hypothermia and starvation.

A smile formed on my face when i remembered that night.

I'm glad he found me.

Not only did he save my life but because of him i am able to actually have a family who loves me.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when water splashed on me.

I got up and looked to the side.

P'pha was kneeling beside the pool.

I swam to him.

"I just remembered about a book fair that starts today and is going be on for the next three days. You wanna go?" He asked.

I immediately lit up and nodded enthusiastically.

"Great. It should be open by now." He smiled.

He took my arms and lifted me out of the pool and put me down on the ground.

He gave me towel.

I dried off before going in so i don't drip water on the floor. 

I quickly took a shower and changed into some nice clothes before going downstairs. 

P'Pha was sitting on the couch in the living room playing with his phone. 

"P' i'm ready." I approached him. 

He looked up and smiled. 

"Let's go." He got up. 

We went to the garage and got into his car. 

We drove for around 30 minutes before stopping infront of a building. 

We went inside. 

There were multiple stalls with different types of books arranged on the shelves in the main hall. 

I saw many interesting story books and some medical books even. 

We bought a lot of them.

"P' do you have a reading room in your house?" I asked the question that popped into my head.

"Yup. I'll show you when we get back. We can arrange these books on he shelves together." He smiled. 

I smiled back and nodded. 

We went around town for a while longer.

We went to the zoo and the aquarium.

"The university is not far from here so what do you say we give a small surprise visit?" He smiled at me.

AbandonedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara