Chapter 38

Pha's pov:

"Food's ready!" I called out as i served it on the table.

He came up after putting food in Luna and Lea's bowls.

We ate in comfortable silence.

I felt so much better.

It was just one night of sleep and that even on the floor beside the bed. But just the fact that he's here already made me feel so much better.

After eating we did the dishes together and decided to go to the shed like place.

We sat down on the lounge chairs.

"So can you tell me what happened 2 years ago?" I asked after a few seconds.

He took a deep breath.

"2 years ago..... I'm pretty sure you know i wasn't the only student to go missing..."

I slowly nodded.

A total of 80 students had disappeared that day and the 3 days that followed.

"After they kidnapped us from university, we were all locked in an underground room for 2 days without any food or water." He took a shaky breath.

I gripped his hand.

"It wasn't a big room. It was a small cramped one. We were all huddled together. There was no space to even take a step. The only light source was from the snall window on the ceiling.
Out of the 79 others, 6 of them died due to hyperventilation, malnutrition and dehydration during those 2 days. But we were trapped. We couldn't get out. Their bodies were there in between us but we couldn't do anything.
I was also feeling really sick and woozy but i forced myself not to succumb." He gulped.

I could see fear forming in his eyes.

"Come here." I pulled his arm.

He immediately stood up and came to me.

I pulled him to sit on my lap facing me and wrapped my arms around him.

He hugged me back and laid his head on my shoulder.

He started again after a few seconds. "After 2 days, the only door to the room opened and men dressed in multiple black and other ones dressed in doctor's uniforms were standing there.
Some of the students breathed relieved sighs. Thanking them for coming to our help. But i could tell they weren't there to help us.
The ones saying thank you again and again immediately went quiet the moment the men in black pulled out guns. They said that we needed to do whatever they said. And if we don't we're getting a bullet to the head and buried right on the spot."

I gulped the lump in my throat.

I had a feeling things would get a lot worse from that point on.

I tightened my arms around him.

"They took us to vans which were there at the entrance of the place-Whatever it was. Ofcourse there were ones which panicked and tried to make a run for it. And like that by the time we got into the vans, there were only 70 of us. They didn't show even a moment of hesitation before shooting them right in the head.
The shots were silent. The only sound that rang was the sound of the their skull cracking open and the body falling to the ground."

His arms around me tightened. His body was shaking. I could feel my shoulder getting wet.

I bit my lips and rubbed his back gently.

Tears started forming in my eyes.

What kind of inhumane bastards.....

"We drove for i don't know how long. We made a few stops on the way but they never gave us anything. We were all starving and dehydrated. And we couldn't see outside either. When they finally opened the doors and let us out, we were in some underground parking lot.
By the time we got to the lab, there were only 64 of us left. Some had fainted on the way and were dragged away. I don't know what happened to them. I was barely standing as well. I could barely make out anything infront of me. The others weren't much better.
After they brought us into the lab, they sat us down on the floor and gave us each a bottle of water and a piece of bread. We immediately gulped them down.
They were disappointed when they saw how many of us didn't make it till there."