7. Until the days of Spring

(Back to your P.O.V):

The news about Yoongi and Sunhee shocked everyone. Not even Sunhee herself knew that  her parents arranged it. Their marriage would have been a business transaction rather than a union of love.

Sunhee was furious when she found out and the news of their breakup spread around the school like wildfire in only a day.

I can't help but wonder why. Why expose the truth now? What caused him to do this? I mean, he's put up with her annoying personality for so long...

She's steered clear of me too. Maybe her picking on me was a one time thing?

"Hey snap out of it." Namjoon says, pulling me back to the present.

"Oh, sorry." I say, swiping my card and paying for my lunch.

"Why are you so zoned out?" He asks as the two of us start walking to the music room.
"Are you nervous to eat with us again?"

I bite my lip and shake my head.
"My brother ranted to me about how I should stop worrying about what others think, so I'm alright."

"Are you close with your brother?"

"As thick as thieves." I reply.

"You know what, I've never understood that saying. Are you saying thieves are this as in stupid or like... extra curvy?"

I stop walking and let out an unladylike snort.
"Namjoon." I wheeze, practically shaking with laughter.

"There it is, the iconic Y/N smile. You should smile more often." He grins before the two of us start walking again.

Soon, we arrive at the music room. This time, Yoongi is sitting on the floor too.

"You guys just missed Yoongi practicing his piece! It was so good!" Jungkook exclaims, waving us over to sit down.

"Are you going to practise too Y/N?" Jimin asks but I shake my head.

"My song isn't quite finished yet...."

"You're going to be singing? Ooo can't wait." Hoseok grins.

"Yeah, singing and playing the piano." I smile.
Yoongi glances at me before quickly looking away again.
Why is he always doing that?

Ignoring him, I focus on my sandwich.

"Hey, I heard about what happened yesterday..." Taehyung frowns, looking up at me from his sandwich.
"I've never liked that Sunhee girl anyway." He scrunches his nose as a display of disgust.

"I was furious when I heard what she did to you." Hoseok knits his eyebrows together, throwing me a look of pity and apology.
"That's part of the reason why Yoongi-"
Before Hoseok could finish his sentence, Yoongi shoves one of his strawberries into his mouth.

"Ow!- fank you?" Hoseok mutters, chomping on the strawberry.

Taehyung leans closer to Yoongi and opens his mouth wide.
"I want one too."

Rolling his eyes, Yoongi pops a strawberry into his mouth as well.
I find myself smiling at them. This is the boy I've been missing for years. The one I need back in my life.
The carefree happy guy.

After school ends, I get a text from Jin saying he needs to stay a bit late at University so I have to walk home. With a sigh, I say goodbye to Namjoon at the school gates and start walking home alone.

I'm only a few steps away from the school when someone steps in front of me.
"Hi... Y/N." Say the girl.

"Oh... Hi, Choi Ara was it?"
The girl blinks for a few seconds before nodding vigorously.