13. Unexpected arrival

After some scary stories that get Hoseok and Jin spooked, we call it a night and head into our individual tents.
Once I'm inside, I take out my brown leather notebook and continue writing more lyrics, feeling inspired by today.

It sucks that my journal is M.I.A. but I need to finish the song somehow, even if I have to rewrite my progress from memory.

After awhile of that, I muffle a yawn before crawling into my sleeping bag and laying down.
There's a sense of healing, just laying listening to crickets and the wind blow. I faintly hear slight crackle of the fire still burning too.
It's peaceful.

Soon, I gently drift off to sleep.

It didn't feel like long when I woke up again, boiling and itchy.
Who said camping was peaceful? Definitely not me.

The heat is unwaveringly engulfing me and I feel like I'm suffocating in this air tight microwave of a tent.
Annoyed and needing a breath of fresh air, I unzip my tent flap and stumble out.

I stretch my back and look up at the night sky. The stars are really beautiful and bright tonight.

"What're you doing up?"
The voice startles me, making me jump back a bit.
Yoongi is sitting near the burnt out fire pit with a concerned look. I see a bottle of something in his hands.

"It was way too hot in there. What are you doing?" I whisper back, not wanting to wake anyone up.

"Same reason."

I nod knowingly and make my way to sit next to him.
"What's that?" I ask, eyeing the bottle. Yoongi chuckles and takes a chug of it.

"Soju."
My eyes widen at his carefreeness.

"You brought alcohol with you?!"
He nods rapidly like a child and I see that his cheeks are lightly dusted with rosey hues. He's drunk.
"You want some?" He beams, holding the bottle in front of me.

I chuckle slowly and shake my head.
"I'm good thanks."

"So what's up." He asks, placing the bottle on the grass next to him stretching his arms back so they're behind him.
I shoot him a surprised look. When has he ever asked me how I'm doing?

"Don't look so shocked. You asked for payment in friendship right?" He smiles.

I grin and look back up at the stars.
"Yeah... well. Nothings up really... you?"

"Nothing too..."

We sit in awkward silence for awhile before I decide to lay down on the grass.
"Hey, come down here."
I reach for his arm to pull him down too.
He lands on the grass, his head centimetres away from mine.

I point to the stars.
"You see that shape? The one that looks like harp? That's the Lyra constellation."

"What does it mean?" He whispers, staring up at it.

"Well that's the harp given by Apollo to one of the greatest musicians in Ancient Greece- Orpheus."

Yoongi turns himself so he's laying on his side, facing me.
I shy away from his gaze as he smiles.
"Tell me more."

Trying to ignore his intense stare, I focus on the stars.
"It was said that his music is more beautiful than that of any mortal man. He could soothe the angry and the heartbroken. However, after his lover died, he was wandering around lost and sad when he was killed. His harp got thrown into the river but Zeus sent an eagle to retrieve it and place it in the stars. I guess music never dies."