20. The truth untold

YOONGI'S P.O.V:

Y/N slams the door on her way out.
She really seemed like she's never met Ara before... but I know Ara, she wouldn't lie to me. She was my childhood best friend and now... my girlfriend.

"Are you alright?" Ara mumbles and she leans in for a kiss.
But it feels so wrong.
I quickly turn my head and let her kiss me on the cheek.

She rolls her eyes and sits down next me.
I've been avoiding kissing her on the lips since the day she confessed about who she was.
The idea is just... wrong. But I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Because of that stupid promise I apparently made her, I'm stuck in a relationship even though I feel nothing for her.
But I can't tell her that.

I made the promise so I need to keep it.
"So annoying, if it wasn't for that fire alarm, I would've walked in on Y/N's rehearsal and exposed her for being a bully and copying my song."

I hum in response.
"I guess I'll just have to do it tomorrow." She shrugs with an evil smirk.

I don't know why I stopped it.
From what Ara told me, Y/N bullied her when she was younger. Y/N doesn't deserve my sympathy but... a part of me wanted to help her.

"So what did you guys talk about? Come on Yoongi, you can tell me."

I want to confront Ara head on. Was what Y/N saying actually true?
But if Y/N was lying... Ara would be hurt and think I'm siding with her bully.

"Just school work..." I lie, feeling pretty guilty about it.
She nods and flicks her long hair to her back.

"Oh, you're wearing your finally wearing your name tag?" I say, changing topics.
She gasps and quickly brings her hair to the front again, covering up the name tag.
But I saw something before she could cover it up again...

Her second name on the tag starts with a B.
I didn't get to see the rest.

"Um... my tag looks weird on my shirt... I don't like it." She laughs awkwardly.
I hesitantly nod.
Somethings strange. She's strange.

Then, she's on her feet, slinging her bag over her shoulder.
"Well I've got to head to my lesson now. See you tomorrow Yoongi."

As she rushes out, I think about her name tag.
She's lying about her name, I know that for sure.
What's her real name? Why is she lying to me? What else is she lying about?

I need to know.

And by the end of the school day, I know how I'll get the truth.

I wait in the music room after lessons are over. After almost two hours the chattering of the students and teachers die down and the halls are finally empty.
Now is the time.

Quietly, I stick my head out of the door. The lights are off and no one is around. Perfect.
I walk out of the music room and gently shut the door. Trying to be as quiet as I can, I tip toe across the corridor.

On the way down the stairs, I hear footsteps which sends me hastily- but quietly, back up the stairs and into an empty classroom.
Through the window of the classroom door, I see a teacher walk by.
Probably doing some last minute marking.

Sighing, I leave the classroom and look left and right.
Empty again.
Hoping to not run into anyone else, I make my way down the stairs.