21. Break a leg

(Back to your P.O.V):

"You'll be fine." Jin smiles patting my back.
"Your song is beautiful, I'm sure he'll remember you once he hears it."

I bite my lip as we walk through the corridor and into the giant hall, elaborately decorated for the competition.

"God I haven't even rehearsed in front of a crowd." I groan. Jin chuckles and pulls me in for a hug.
I nuzzle into his chest, shying away from the crowds of people taking their seats.

"You'll do amazing Y/N-ah. I know you will, youre my sister after all. The Kims do not fall short of extraordinary."
I push away and pull a face.

"Bighead."

"Confidence is key little sissy."

I roll my eyes just before I hear someone call my name. Running towards me and Jin from is a worried Hoseok.

"Hey Hobi! Are Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook getting ready for their performance?"

"Yeah..." he pants as he stops in front of me.
"But somethings wrong. Namjoon and Yoongi aren't here. I tried calling them but it's going straight to voicemail."

Jin places a hand on Hoseoks shoulder.
"They might just be running late and their phones are off. Don't stress too much and get backstage."

Hoseoks eyes glisten and I practically see a lightbulb switch on in his eyes.
"Just in case, can you learn Namjoons part? If he doesn't show up, I need a stand in."

Jin scoffs and shakes his head frantically.
"You think I can rap?!"

"Just try, please, it's about to start." He pouts.
Jin lets out a shaky breath.
"Fine, let's head to the participants room."

Hoseok relaxes a bit as the three of you head to the room but he still tries to ring Namjoon.
"What if something bad happened?" Hoseok mumbles.

"Do you want to look around for them?" I ask when we enter the room.

Hoseok sighs and shakes his head, dodging other students and making our way to our friends.
"There's no use in looking for people when you don't even know where to start looking."

He has a point but I'm starting to grow more and more worried.

"Hey guys, no sign of the flakers?" Taehyung pouts.

"Tae, they wouldn't flake. They're not like that." Jimin narrows his eyes towards the now apologetic boy.

"Leech, four O'clock." Jungkook mumbles. With furrowed eyebrows, I follow his gaze to see Ara strut towards us.

"Have you seen Yoongi?" Ara asks, clearly exasperated.

"You haven't seen him either?" Hoseok gasps.
Ara shrugs and shakes her head.

"Clearly not, I'm asking you all aren't I?"

The speakers creak with static before the announcer booms through them.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Seoul Highs Annual Music Competition! Please take your seats and get ready for the first act."

"It's starting." Hoseok gasps, blood draining from his face. He snaps his head at Jin and grabs his arm.
"We're running out of time! Come with me!" He shrieks before leading my brother away to try rapping together.