9. Stuck on you

I study Yoongi's face from across the room. He's sitting slouched against the wall, his legs stretched out on the floor.

When he asked me if he knew me... it was a genuine question. He didn't mean it in a rude way. But what am I supposed to do now? He remembers nothing about me... is there any point in even telling him?

"So when can we hear your piece??" Hoseok asks me, wiggling his eyebrows.

I laugh nervously and scratch the back of my ear.
"I actually want it to be a surprise."
The boys frown as Namjoon gives me a knowing look.

"But Namjoon said he helped you with the lyrics! Why does he get to know and we don't?" Jungkook frowns next me.

I reach over and ruffle his hair.
"Because Namjoon is a lyrical genius and I need some major help with lyrics." I shrug with a smile. Even though Jungkook nods, I see a small pout play on his lips, all the while I feel Yoongi's gaze is on me but I try to ignore it.

"We need to head to class early, we're presenting something." Jimin sighs, getting up off the floor along with Taehyung and Jungkook.

"Bye Y/N! Bye guys." Taehyung waves as he leaves.

"I better get going too, I'm on lunch clean up duty." Hoseok fake sobs.

"Do you want to head to class now too?" Namjoon asks and I nod.
But when I get up Yoongi clears his throat.

"Do you mind if Y/N stays for a bit. I need to talk to her." Yoongi asks with a stoic expression, getting off the floor too.

Namjoon nods with a shrug and leaves the room with Hoseok. Awkwardly, I stand in front of him and fumble my fingers.

"I'm sorry if what I said sounded rude yesterday." He mumbles, stepping closer to me.
To be honest, I'm surprised he's actually apologising to me.

But he keeps getting closer, dangerously close that I need to step backwards.
Eventually, my back is pressed against the wall. He places his hand on the wall next to my head and leans in, trapping me under his stare.

My heart races from the sheer closeness of his face to mine.
"W-what are you doing?" I meekly mumble, heart rate increasing every time I feel his warm breath touch my cheek.

"Something about you is so familiar...why do I always worry about you? Why are you stuck in my head?" He whispers with a pained expression. It's as though his eyes were searching mine for an answer, one that I can't give.

"Y-Yoongi..."
He winces in pain and backs away, clutching his head. My arms reach out instinctively but I don't know how to help him.

"Hey are you alright?" I ask, my voice laced with worry.

"I-I'm fine." He groans, panting slightly.

"Yoongi what's happening?"
He doesn't answer, but when I see his his head sway slightly, I know something is very wrong.

Moments later, he's collapsed onto the floor.

"Yoongi!"
I rush over to him and bend down.
"Wake up!" I yell, shaking his shoulders but his eyes won't open. Biting my lip, I quickly bring my fingers to his neck. A faint pulse. He's alive, but he's unconscious.

Panicked, I run out of the room and look for someone to help carry him to the medical room.
I spot a random boy walking by and without asking him, I drag him back to where Yoongi is.

"Girl what the heck are you doing??" He exclaims, pulling out of my grasp as soon as he enters the room.
His eyes flicker downwards and he sees Yoongi sprawled across the floor.

"Holy shit... are you some sort Yandere murderer or something?" He squeaks, backing away.
I click my tongue and read his nametag.

"Jackson, I need you to help me bring him to the medical office."

Jackson looks at me then back at Yoongi.
"But... that's Min Yoongi... what if he wakes up when we're carrying him and he breaks my arm off and beats me with it?"

"He's not hulk! Just shut up and help me!" I yell, dragging Jackson to him.
Reluctantly, he lets me put one of Yoongis arms around his shoulder and the other over mine.

Together, we lift Yoongi to medical room, getting strange looks and whispers along the way.

The nurse ushers us to lay Yoongi on the bed.
"'Kay I'm gonna bounce." Jackson shrugs, stretching his back.

"Could you go to room 12 and tell my teacher I'm in the medical room."
Jackson agrees and leaves me with Yoongi.

"What happened?" The nurse asks.

"I don't know... he was talking then suddenly he looked like he was in pain. He grabbed his head and started breathing fast..."

The nurse scribbles everything down on a clipboard.
"Do you know if he has any allergies, suffered through any mental or physical trauma?"

I rapidly nod my head.
"From what I know, he was in a car crash four years ago and had amnesia. He recovered most of his memory... not all."

The nurse nods and continues to scribble notes down.
"This is a symptom most patients with amnesia get when their mind is strained."

"What... does that mean?"

"He must have been trying to remember something so much that he's over-worked his brain."

"So if there's something he's trying to remember... what's the best way to stimulate his memory?"

The Miss thinks for a moment and puts her clipboard away.
"I suggest slowly hinting at the memory. Ease his mind into remembering for itself rather than revealing it. If you tell him straight away, his mind either won't remember or will be flooded with memories that could send him into shock, possibly even a seizure."

My jaw drops. I didn't know...
If I told him about everything earlier, he could've been hospitalised.

"For now he just needs rest. You can stay by him for a bit but I need you to return to class soon okay?" She says.

"Okay."
She smiles then leaves the medical room.
With sullen eyes, I look at Yoongi on the bed.
Gently, I pull a blanket over him and sit on the chair placed next to him.

As carefully as possible, I cross my arms on the bed and rest my chin on it, staring at his face close to mine.
He has flawlessly clear and smooth skin, just like he did when he was little.

With one of my hands, I reach out and grab Yoongis.
My thumb softly glides over the back of his hand, trying to comfort him silently, maybe to comfort myself too.

Sighing, I turn my head to the side to rest it on my right arm. My fingers slowly wiggle there way in between Yoongi's so that our hands are intertwined.

I can't help but worry about him, about our friendship, about our past and future... but in the moment, with my hand gripping his, I know that I'll make it right. I'll make it all right.
For him. For the beautiful friendship we once had, I'll help him in anyway I can.

Because, he's all that matters to me in this moment. I'm stuck on him.

Please vote, comment and share <3