25. Forever and always

(Back to your P.O.V.):

All throughout my shower I kept thinking about how I'm going to face Yoongi.
He remembers now.
He remembers me.
He went through hell to remember.

My heart sunk when Namjoon called to tell me that Yoongi was hospitalised when his memories resurfaced.
If I told him face to face, would his seizure have been worse?

I want nothing more than to see him, and to hug him, and to apologise, and to run my fingers through his hair, and to kiss-

But I'm a coward.
I'm embarrassed. I haven't changed.

I befriended my bully, Bongsoo. She used me to get closer to Yoongi. What does he think of me now? That I'm still the pushover he knew years ago. That I haven't really changed, I'm not more confident or stronger in any way.
I'm still the broken girl hoping to be fixed.

But I think I... I think I love him? And not just the childhood version of him I've treasured, but the guy who he is today. I love everything about him.
Isn't that much enough? Would he ever like me back?
Would I ever have the guts to tell him?

All these insecurities and regrets swim in my mind as I pull my hair up into a messy bun.
What did a girl like me ever do to get an amazing friend like Yoongi in the first place.

A light knock on my bedroom door startles me.
"Y/N...?" My brother gently calls from the other side.

"Come in."

Seconds later, Jin opens the door and strides in with a tender smile.
"How are you feeling?"

I throw him a wonky smile and shrug.
"Overwhelmed and... I feel really stupid."

He chuckles and nods.
"You are pretty stupid."

Throwing Jin a glare, I pout childishly.
"You're not helping Jin."

Before he could give me another snappy reply, a faint piano key plays.
Then another.
And another.
Until it forms a gentle melody.

"J-Jin?" I whisper. The melody.
It's Spring day.

Jin grabs my arm and pulls me off my bed.
"Pabo, there's someone waiting to see you downstairs."

He shoos me out of my room and refuses to explain. "I'll be in my room." Jin says with a smug grin as he walks away into his room, shutting the door gently behind him.

My heart hammers as I take cautious steps down the stairs.
After a few steps, my piano comes into view.

Sitting on the stool in front of it is Min Yoongi, reading the notes off my journal and delicately playing them on the piano.

When I reach the bottom step, he starts singing in his gorgeously low, husky voice that almost makes me stumble.

"You know it all, you're my best friend... the morning will come again. No darkness, no season is eternal."

He turns his head and smiles at me. When I don't say anything but blink in shock, he stops playing.

"You finished it." He smiles warmly and gets up. "It's beautiful Y/N."
Yoongi walks towards me, stopping an arms length away.
"Did Jin hyung and Namjoon explain everything?"