Chapter 15: Pageant

MATTHEW'S POV
Hindi ako makapaniwala sa balitang narinig ko ngayon. Bumalik na si Chesca. She's back.

Nakita ko naman na siya kanina nung nasa parking lot ako, pero hindi ko inakalang bumalik na pala siya. I thought she was just visiting someone.

Hindi ako nagpakita kay Rynne buong umaga at saka lang ako nagpakita nung audition na. I was even surpised that she auditioned para sa Cheerleading Squad kasi she didn't mention to me that she was planning to audition.

When the audition ended napagdesisyunan kong puntahan si Rynne to talk to her about her dance. I didn't like it. It was...too sexy and she was too good and i didn't like how the boys looked at her earlier. Their eyes were full of admiration and awe. I hate it. Ako lang dapat ang may karapatang tumingin sakanya ng ganon. Call me possessive, but i hate the way they looked at my girl.

I was about to reach her but someone approached her first.

It was Chesca.

They didn't talk that much, Chesca just said something to her but i didn't hear it. I was too far. But i know it wasn't nice because Mich attempted to attack her but Rynne stopped her.

I walked to her and when she saw me, she looked pissed? I don't know but the way she looked at me is like she's ready to kill me any moment.

"Rynne," i called her. But she didn't even bother to look at me. What's wrong, baby?

"Aerynne," i called her once again hoping that she would reply. But she didn't.

"Huy! Tawag ka ni Matt oh!" Mich said. Finally, she turned her gaze on me. But.. her face was emotionless.

"Hm?" she said in a bored tone. Something's wrong.

"Are you okay?" I asked her but she just nodded. I was about to talk but she pulled Mich's arm.

"Tara na, Mich."

"Ha? Pero hindi ba kayo mag-uusap ni Matt?" Mich stopped her.

"Wala kaming dapat pag-usapan, at saka may gagawin pa'ko." she said then grabbed Mich's arm to leave.

I was left dumbfounded. What did I do? Ba't siya galit? I just shrugged it off and went to my locker.

When i reached there, I saw her. I saw Chesca. She's standing beside my locker with her hands crossed, its as if she was waiting for me.

"What are you doing here, Chesca?" I said in a pissed tone.

"Why? Bawal na ba kitang makita? I told you, babalikan kita." she smirked.

"Wala ka nang babalikan pa, you left remember?"

"Tss, i already said sorry, 'di mo parin ba ako napapatawad? Seriously? Its been 2 years Gabriel!"

"I know. Pero alam mo ba kung gaano ako nagdusa nung umalis ka? You didn't even leave a letter, hindi ka nagpaalam! But its okay, as you said, its been 2 years. I moved on already." sabi ko.

"I haven't. Not yet. And i'm getting you back." she confidently said as if she was going to succeed. But no, i won't let that happen.

"At sa tingin mo magtatagumpay ka?" i sarcastically laughed. "You won't. Never."

"We'll see." she winked at me before leaving.

I was left there. I just decided to go to our class since the first period was dismissed because of the audition.

AERYNNE'S POV
"Where's Matthew?" tanong nung Lec namin nang mapansin niya na kulang kami.

"Hindi po namin alam, Miss. Pero baka papunta na po." sabi ni Faye, kambal ni Kaye.