Battle for freedom

IMPORTANT PLEASE READDDDSD
anyway hi how've you been, this is definitely important I swear now that we've got that out the way could you pleaseeee do me a massive favour because me and my friend have this writing competition going on for a Harry Potter book thingy so it's that's your thing could you please check it out and vote it's called the blood traitor and well I would really like to win the competition, yes this is me begging , no I don't care.

Anyway if you read that your my favourite person and if you actually did read the story your my favourite favourite person. Ahhh anyway enjoy the story, this is liek one of the last chapters.

And yes I hero worship the batfamily
Xoxo

The sword plunged towards Aqualad's heart and his eyes widened in fear, the sword moved in slow motion drawing closer and closer to his heart closer to his death. This was it, his life had finally come to an end yet there was so much he wanted to do, problems he hadn't solved , people he would never say goodbye too. How would his king react to his death, would he come after Deathstroke, would he win against this heartless mercenary, would he avenge his death. What would Tula do, would her and Garth mourn him, would they ever move on. The team, the team was the thing that made Kaldur's heart burn to think about, how would they cope with the loss of there leader, would they manage without him, would Robin step up to be leader or would the team just disperse, all going there separate ways without a second glance.

Kaldur had to admit to himself that of all the missions the team had been on, he found somewhat funny to believe that this one would be his last, when they had first been given the mission he like the rest of the team had there doubts, at first it seemed like a simple babysitting job which the police could've easily handled by themselves and Kaldur remembered thinking how the dark knight was overreacting, he should've realised the severity of the mission before it was too late, and now it was too late.

He clenched his eyes shut, refusing to stare at the sword plunging its way towards him, any moment now it would carve deep into skin, puncturing his heart as it took its last few beats and then his life would cease.

Kaldur's hope for survival had died out minutes ago, though those minutes seemed to drag out to last hours. However just as he took in his last breathe a tiny little spark of hope flared up inside himself again once he heard an eerily familiar sound, a sound to which haunts the souls of those who have fallen victim to it and a sound which used to terrify Kaldur himself before he grew accustomed with the bearer of the sound.

It was a cackle.

Kaldur snapped his eyes open only to be met with darkness, reminding him of the day at the cave where Robin had pulled that prank. Robin. How was it possible that the boy wonder was here now, not that he was complaining, but if Robin was here did that mean Batman was as well. A strong sense of hope building up inside himself, Batman was probably one of the only heroes who was capable of defeating the mercenary in hand to hand combat.

With his new found hope Kaldur focused on his surroundings trying to make out anything through the immense dark which had flooded the kitchen, now that his eyes had slowly become accustomed to the dark he could almost make out figures darting around the room gracefully, as if they were dancing yet Kaldur knew that not to be the case. He could definitely make out more than one figure but unless he was seeing things the figures looked far too small to belong to the bat, there appeared to be around five robin sized figures fighting in the kitchen and now that his ears have stopped ringing due to fear he could clearly make out the sounds of swords colliding, but that didn't make any sense, Robin didn't use a sword.

The lights finally flicked themselves back on, throwing light all around the kitchen clearly illuminating the scene in front of Kaldur, blinking his eyes quickly to become accustomed to the blinding light, Kaldur was finally able to see.