a slight inconvenience

He was here again.

The small compact room he had become so accustomed too all those years ago. Everything looked the same, nothing had been moved an inch, it was like Slade had done it on purpose just to let Dick know he had won.

He had won.

The small mattress on the cold stone floor, slightly dampened. The small, skinny blanket covered in rustic looking holes some of which Dick recognised as ones he had made him self, just in an attempt to combat the boredom he felt when he was locked in this room for hours upon hours.

The boredom to which caused borderline insanity.

Apart from that the room was bare, nothing to occupy the boy and certainly nothing to make him feel at home.

But of course this wasn't his home.

Despite the fact his eyes were telling him he were in the same place as last time, Dick knew that not to be true. It was idiotic to believe that Slade would just bring him back to the very place where the justice league had found him all those years ago, it was probably the first place Bruce would search for him.

So the cruel truth was, Dick didn't know where he was.

Infact he knew very little.

He knew Slade had taken him, he understood that but apart that constant fact his mind was blank. Dick has no idea how he got wherever he was now, he couldn't recall anything that had happened, he didn't know if anything in fact had happened.

All he knew was that Slade had taken him.

That constant thought repeated in his mind, over and over and over again, his damaged mind refusing to let any other thoughts infiltrate. Slade had taken him.

Slade had won.

And now he sat in a darkened, cold room with nothing and no one but his thoughts to keep him company. Dick didn't see the point in getting up from his crouched position on the slightly damp floor, he didn't see the point in attempting to pry the most likely locked door open.

Slade had won, what was the point.

———————————————
"It's been two hours" Wally whined from his position lying on the countertop, his arms outstretched behind his head and his legs kicking upwards in the air. It was his futile attempt to stay still. "Two freaking hours" he repeated as if the team hadn't heard his whiny voice the first time.

The chat that had once dominated the room had died out ten minutes ago leaving the occupants alone with there thoughts.

"We all can tell the time bay watch" Artemis grunted, lifting her head up from the table to where it had been rested, for the past 30 minutes, infuriated but not at Wally, surprisingly since she always seemed to be mad at the yellow clad speedster but at the league for leaving them here when they should be looking for Tim. They should be doing something, to help find the boy, even if it was to no avail, the thought of Tim being out there with Deathstroke alone made her feel sick to the core, he was just a child. Is just a child.

"We should be doing something" he exclaimed sitting upright, so fast he gave the others whiplash "Anything!"

"Batman told us to stay" Kaldur sighed, placing emphasis on each word, the words weren't just for the Wally they were for himself as well, trying to convince himself that Batman knew best and what they were doing was for the best, and not just to keep them out the way.