3

Mr Hassan ( Timothy's POV)

I have been stalling all day, delaying the inevitable but it has to be done. I promised myself I'd make the wedding announcement after church, then I pushed it till after lunch, now here i am dinner dishes scrubbed and put a way standing before my children to make this announcement. Suddenly it all seems real, and I begin to question my decision as I look for the words to tell my children my wedding is in a month.
"Dad what is the meeting for" Benjamin asked.
"Well as I said earlier, I have announcement to make" I answered.
" I would be getting married in a month"
"Dad you are joking right", Jason said with a confused look on his face.
"This must be a prank, where is the camera", Benjamin added with a whimsical expression on his face.
"No I'm serious", I answered them.
"Mummy " Benjamin said, a questioning tone in his voice.
"Yes, it's true", Sarayu answered him.
"Are you guys getting a divorce," Jason asked.
"No" I answered at the same time Sarayu said she didn't know. My heart sped up with fear as I taught about her leaving me.
Benjamin stormed out of the living room, I could see tears in his eyes as he passed me. Sarayu followed after him as expected, she cuddles the boy too much.
"Wow", Jason muttered under his breath.
"Dad I don't know what to say, I mean I never expected this. A second wife."
"Jason look you are almost a man, I'll be truthful to you, people marry for many reasons and it's not always love".
"So why are you getting married when you're already married to a woman I taught you loved".
"I love your mother. Look I can't tell you all the details but this marriage is more of a political move than anything else. This discussion stays between us. Okay"
"Okay Dad".

               ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
I walked into our bedroom, the lights were turned low and Sarayu looked to be asleep.
I moved to take off my clothes then she startled me by sitting up. "I need test done?" she said.
"What test?" I asked.
"HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, all the STD's. I want you and that woman tested".
I stood there mouth agape as she laid back down and settled back between the covers.
She wanted test done, test she'll get then that means she'll stay. If she wants test done then that means she'll stay.
               ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
" Mr Hassan Zainab is here to see you" my assistant said placing my coffee in front of me.
"Let her" in I answered.
"Good morning Timothy" Zainab greeted as she walked into my office adjusting her head wrap. She was dressed like usual in blue jeans and a stylish blouse covered by a kimono.
"Morning Zain"
"Timothy why did you set up a meeting with me in your office of all places"
"Well Zain I have good and bad news. Which would you like to hear first"
"Bad"
"Okay, the cat is out of the bag, my wife knows about the wedding"
"Timothy that is good news to me"
"Well, I wasn't done talking. She wants you and I tested for STD'S, I already got my blood samples taken and I've set up an appointment for you".
"Wow! Your wife is a smart woman and I'll also like to have a pregnancy test taken".
It took me extra care not to spit out my tea at her statement about the pregnancy test.
"You've got to be kidding right", I asked but the look in her big brown eyes said it all, she was dead serious.
"What's the good news" she said successfully changing the topic.
"I spoke to the party chairman at his dinner party on Friday, we set the wedding date for the first Saturday in March".
A smile tugged at the corner of her lips, making her dark skin glow.
"I'd say it's too soon but the sooner the better especially if this baby scare is real", she said.
"Here give this card to the receptionist at the diagnostic centre and she'll attend to you, they assured me I'll get the results delivered tomorrow", I said ignoring her statement about the baby while praying she wasn't pregnant.