Chapter 10: You Can't Change The Past

"Ok," he nodded as well. "And, if you don't understand something, please ask and I will explain it to you." He looked at you, getting ready to tell you. You could tell he was scared to tell you and was forcing himself to.

"I was once human, like you. My name was Rick Maxson. I was 19 and had a small group of goofy and immature friends I hung out with. I was known as 'Tricky-Ricky', because I would pull pranks on other teenagers and teacher at my college. You know, if a teacher gave my an 'F', I would spray paint over the camera lens and hook a paint can just above the door and tie a string that I held to it. That kind of thing was my speciality. I also pulled a few pranks where I would pretend to be kidnapped or dead just to see how people would react. I did those pranks until people stopped caring." His ears lowered as he said the next part.

"I made 'best friends' with 'Springbonnie'. I knew it was someone in a suit, but it was nice to pretend. One day, my 21 year old brother, Mark Maxson, came with me to Fredbear's. 'Springbonnie' walked up to me and him and asked if I wanted to go get some cake and pizza and gifts in the back room since it was my birthday that day. Well, Mark said no, I said yes. Me and Mark got into this huge argument and I stormed to the backroom. I didn't even mean to go there. I just wanted to get away from him. When I first walked in there, I didn't realize that I just waltzed right in there so I didn't pay attention to the fact there was actually pizza and such. Of course, when I did realize that there was pizza, I grabbed a piece and ate it. I actually ate 2 or 3 pieces before Springbonnie walked in. When he did, he closed and locked the door. It confused me but I just went along with it.

Until he pulled out a knife, that is. As soon as I realized what was about to happen, he stabbed me in the stomach and covered my mouth. That didn't stop me from trying to scream though. So I did, and I guess I got a little too loud for his comfort, so, he cut my throat so I couldn't scream. There was a suit beside me on the floor. He dropped me and stuffed me inside it. I remember a clicking sound then I felt my skin and organs getting pierced and ripped to shreds. Of course, I had already lost so much blood, I died in seconds."

Your heart broke and tears pricked your eyes, knowing that the rabbit you are in love with experienced that much pain because someone he trusted betrayed him. The look on his face showed that his past still pained him and his ears were flopped down. You thought the story was over so you were about to say something before he continued.

"Of course, somehow, I woke up. I thought it was all a dream, until I tried to move. I tried to lift my arm the same way I did always had but found the effort it took to raise my arm when I was human was too much effort as an animatronic. I ended up hitting myself in the face with my own arm, which is not something you do when you wake up, is it?" You shook your head.

"It wasn't something I did either. I took one look at my arms and hands and screamed. Well, I tried to. I also found that I couldn't speak. I heard someone talking to me and when I looked up, I saw a man. Can you guess who that man was?"

You shook your head at this too.

"William Afton." Your eyes widened. "Is he the one who, y'know......?"

"I didn't know. I still don't know..... Anyway, he fixed me, made it to where I could talk. About a month later, he had fully gained my trust."

"I don't like where this is going....."

"He walked up to me one day and said, 'I need your help with something.' So obviously I said 'Sure I'll help.' That was one of the worst decisions I've ever made. He told me to distract Henry, get his attention off of Charlie and Sammy. I didn't understand why. So I went over to Henry and told him that I had some things I wanted to discuss. He nodded and we went to his office. I had to think of of something quick. We talked about upgrades we could do on the animatronics until William came in with a huge smile. I was confused, to put it lightly. So, later I found out hat he had killed Henry's daughter, Charlie. I felt so guilty. But...... I still trusted him."