Chapter 11: All In One Place

"Thank you, y/n. But, I would appreciate if you would do something for me. Get them all here. All of them, in one place, at one time."

"Who?"

"Scraptrap, Scrap Baby, Lefty, and Molten Freddy. They must all be here." You didn't understand why but you decided to do as you were told.

You went to the back alley and found an animatronic bear. It looked burn and had alot of tangled wires as a body. You sighed and drag the huge bear into the room and set him on the chair as you sat on the opposite one. There was a paper and pencil in front of you. You pick up the piece of paper and pressed play on the first tape.

"Congratulations on completing your first day. However, your job isn't over just yet. There is another aspect to your end of day routine, and that is inspecting and salvaging any animatronics found in the alley outside the back door. Things are found here quite often. And while we aren't sure why, what we do know is that they can be used for parts, which can mean a much needed revenue boost before starting your next day. Of course, as with everything else in this line of work, those benefits come with risk. The safest thing to do is to throw it back outside, but then, you get no money for the salvage. Choose to keep it, and you run the risk of certain negative consequences, namely, death, should the item, in question, not be as docile as it first appeared. If you do decide to try and salvage it, then you must complete the maintenance checklist. During this testing phase, check on the animatronic frequently. If you feel that it is becoming unstable, use the tazer provided to you. You can use it three times without damaging the hardware. Every use over three, however, will decrease the item's salvage value." You take that tape out and put in the second tape, eager to get this over with.

"Before you is an animatronic found in the back alley. We are unsure of it's origins. It is your job to complete the maintenance checklist before claiming it as salvage. Or, if you choose to, you can throw it back into the alley where you found it, and forfeit payment. Please make your choice now." The tape automatically paused itself. You press play, meaning that you wanted to proceed with the salvage and the guy started talking again.

"You have chosen to proceed with the maintenance checklist. Remember: Use your company issued tazer to return the animatronic to a neutral state if you feel that it's becoming unstable or aggressive. You can only use it three times before it begins to damage to animatronic and decrease it's value. Begin audio prompt in three... two... one..." A bunch of weird noises began to play as you watched the animatronic very closely.

"Document results." You look down at the paper and put an x in the 'no' box. When you look back up, you let out a yelp and immediately taze the bear because he had moved closer to you. All the lights go out for a second before coming back on and the bear was back to it's beginning stage. You clicked play on the audio again.

"Begin audio prompt in three... two... one..." The weird audio played again, except this time it was a little longer.

"Document results." You looked down and checked the 'no' box quickly and looked up. It didn't move.

"Begin audio prompt in three... two... one..." A little longer this time. No again and you immediately shocked it when you looked up. Same thing as last time. Light go out, come back on, the animatronic is in it's previous stage. Play.

"Begin audio prompt in three... two... one..." The noise was kinda short this time. "Document results."

No. You look up. It didn't move. "Begin audio prompt in three... two... one..." The noises seemed to go on forever this time. You would have fallen asleep if, one, the audio wasn't so loud, and two, you weren't scared the robot would kill you if you did.

"Document results."

No. Look up. Shock. Wait. Play. "You have completed the maintenance checklist and may proceed with the salvage. Well done. End tape." You smile and click 'Stop'. You get up and walk to the door but you stop in your tracks when you hear a voice.

"Thanks for letting me join the par-party. I'll tr-try not to disappoint."

You look back and there was nothing so you run out of the room. You get Deztrap, who was in his human form, and drag him to the car. When you got home, you jumped out of the car and unlocked the door, walking in and sitting one the couch with Deztrap following you.

"What happened?" Deztrap asked, sitting down on the couch beside you. "Nothing."

"Y/n. Don't lie to me, please."

"Fine. I salvaged it but it said something."

"'It'?"

"The animatronic that I found in the back alley."

"What'd it look like?"

"I messed up bear. It looked like it used to be white."

"Molten. Huh.... I thought it was gonna be someone else.... No matter. Tomarrow, you need to do the same thing. I swear I won't go berserk on you again. And you have to deal with Molten while you're doing your chores."

"Goddamnit."

"Sorry." He said, hugging to you and pulling you into his lap.

"Can you do it with me?"

"Do what?"

"Salvage the next animatronic."

".....Sorry."

"Why not?"

"The noise. You heard the noises the tape made, correct?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, if I hear those noises, it not only hurts my ears, but it activates a 'salvage mode'. Or so I'm told. The salvage mode is when you just sit there staring until the person you're focusing on looks away and then...."

"Ok. That makes since I guess."

"You must be tired. You should sleep." You nodded and snuggled against him. It was a little cold in your house so he grabbed a blanket beside him and wrapped both of you in it. He was warm and comfy so it didn't take long for you to fall asleep.