Good Friends

Emma was at school, in the lunch line, getting lunch. Chicken patties, mashed potatoes, and a brownie was on the menu. She got her tray, and her food, and sat down all by herself. The school bully, Amber, came towards her, and insulted her.

"Why do you dress like that?" she scoffed.

"What's wrong with wearing black, shiny knee high boots?" said Emma, defensively.

"It ain't winter, yet!" said Amber. "I bet your feet stink too, cause you ain't wearing socks with those boots!"

"I don't like wearing socks with my boots!" said Emma. "I wear my boots, barefoot, and I like it that way!"

"Amber, leave Emma alone!" barked Andre. "Stop judging what she wears!"

"Emma, come sit with us!" said Irene, waving her over.

"Get out of my way, Amber!" hissed Emma, as she sat with everyone.

"You look like a clown!" said Amber.

"Sit down and eat your lunch, Amber!" demanded Mr. Farris, the school principal. "Leave Emma alone!"

"Yes, sir," sighed Amber. She finally left Emma alone, and sat at a table, far away in the cafeteria.

"Thanks, guys!" said Emma, eating her chicken patty.

"No problem, buddy!" said Andre.

"Amber is a world class jerk!" said Irene, drinking her milk.

"We hate bullies!" said Shawn!"

"You're super awesome, Emma!" said Roberta. "And, don't you forget that!"

"Thanks a bunch!" said Emma, eating her mashed potatoes. "This school serves the best food!"

"Sure does!" said Irene. "They're serving meatloaf, tomorrow!"

This story was written on Sunday, September 6th, 2020.

A/N Emma has wonderful friends! Amber is a jerk! Let Emma dress how she wants to! Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.