Finding His Way Home

Oscar was a white cat, that had wandering the streets, and alleyways of New York City. He missed his owner, Lisa so much. She had Oscar, ever since he was a kitten. Oscar survived by eating out of trash cans. He killed mice, that were scurrying around.

It was a cold, December night, and Christmas was just next week. Oscar was almost home, and looking forward to be reunited with Lisa. He hoped to make it back home soon, before it started snowing.

He finally reached home. When he climbed up the steps, he meowed, hoping Lisa would hear him.

The door opened, and there was Lisa. She gasped, and was estatic over Oscar's return. "I missed you so much!" she exclaimed, her tone laced with emotion. Lisa fought back tears. Oscar didn't like it when she cried, and she knew to cry in front of him.

"Come in, buddy!" she said. "Come sit by the fireplace, and warm yourself up! The cold shall not torture you any longer!"

Oscar laid down by the fireplace, and took a nap. Lisa sat down on the sofa, with mug of hot chocolate, and was happy that her feline buddy was home at last.

This story was written on Tuesday, September 29th, 2020.

A/N This is truly a heartwarming story! Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.