Chapter 6. Christmas

He shrugged, "It's whatever, Baker." he said and I sat down and he sat beside me, "Where is your family?" he asked and I dreaded that question.

"I.." my heart dropped but I had to tell someone else.. it was the right thing to do instead of lying again, "My family.. is dead.." I sighed and he looked at me, "Don't say sorry because it wasn't your fault, it wasn't anyone's fault except the person who set the house on fire, which.. I don't even have an answer to that question.."

He leaned against the wall and I did too, "Who brought you here?"

"Dumbledore, he's been taking care of me for almost 3 years. I call him and my friends my family.." I said and looked at the moon, "Christmas is the hardest I think." I said and he looked at the moon with me, "Not getting to see my brothers fight or my mum and dad.." I chuckled remembering, "I haven't told anyone else except 3 others.. so please.."

"I won't say anything, I promise." he said and I thanked him. "Merry Christmas, Ashlynn." he said and I looked at my watch, it was 12:30, I smiled and put my head on his shoulder.

He started to say something, "This doesn't mean were friends still." I said and he laughed, "Those letters I send.. I have no idea where they're going, my owl just takes them to random places.. part of me wants them to write back." I said and he nodded, "Halloween was the first holiday I enjoyed without them. We always dressed up as a family before Hogwarts," I pulled out a photo from the last Halloween I had with them, "We dressed up as Wizard of Oz characters." I handed him the picture and he smiled at it and handed it back and I slipped it in my pocket. "Things would be different if they were here.."

"How so?"

I started laughing softly and said, "Maybe I'd be your friend." he rolled his eyes and chuckled. "Maybe somewhere in the future I might trust you to be my friend." I said and he smiled. "It felt like my whole world just crashed when I lost them and couldn't do anything about it."

"Want to go seem them?" he asked me, "Their grave." and I nodded, he helped me off the roof and I knew they were buried around here, I found that out from Dumbledore. We walked to their graves and I sat in front of them, he sat beside me, "I always wondered who they were, but I didn't put the pieces together when I figured out your name. I come here every Christmas and visit, I think that they need someone on Christmas too, I leave flowers at every grave and sit for a while then go."

My face was red, "You're the one that puts flowers?" and he nodded, "Thank you for that." I hugged him and he hugged back

"No problem.." he said softly and I let go, "I brought some now." he said and reached in his jacket, he went around the entire graveyard and placed them until he got to my family and handed me the flowers, "You do it." I took them and placed them, and stood by him, "I know how it feels when your whole world changes.." he said and looked at me, "Not in the same way as you though." I nodded and sat down again, I looked at Tanner's grave

"He's my twin, Tanner." I smiled, "We had a dark sense of humor, hell, we'd be making jokes and laughing right now just to make the best of things.. but I can't think of anything to joke about at the moment." I smiled and he did too.

"I am sure he'd be proud of you today." he said and I smiled, my face felt hot. "Are you alright?" I nodded my head, "You're shivering." I shrugged my shoulders and he took off his jacket and put it around me,

"But your going to be cold." I said and he shook his head.

We stood there.. just quiet.. "My mum would kill me if she knew you were out here cold and I didn't do anything about it.." he said and I smiled and thanked him.

"I love your mum, she's so nice." I chuckled and we started to walk back

He smiled, "She loves you too, she loves having big holidays as I said a while back."

We got back and he helped me up to the roof and I helped him up, "Thank you for that.. that was the first time I didn't cry at their grave," I sighed and he smirked, "I really appreciate it, not friend." We both laughed and went back inside, "Merry Christmas, George."

"Merry Christmas, Ashlynn. See you in a few hours." he said and I went back to my room not realizing I still had his jacket I put it on my bed and hung up mine and then grabbed his jacket and sat on my bed, I held it against my chest.. the memory of visiting my family's grave.. I know I have to give it back but.. yeah..

I fell asleep for a few hours but I was woken up by Pansy and Blaise jumping on me, I laughed and got up, "I'm up, I'm up."

They left and I put some Pajama pants and a tank top on as tradition for Pajamas and presents, since I had accidentally slept in my clothes, I walked downstairs and Pansy grabbed my hand and all the kids sat by the tree and people took pictures, we were all pushing each other and laughing as pictures went on, we opened present and I had gotten a bunch of sweets, I assume from the Weasley's."

Dumbledore handed me a box with holes in it, "What's this?"

"Someone else got this for you," he said and shrugged, I opened it and gasped,

I pulled out a kitten and it had a bow on it and I smiled, I saw a note in the box and read it,

'I asked around and people said you liked cats and I knew you didn't have any other pets beside your owl, your welcome :)

-G.W.'

I smiled and looked at George, he was smiling, I mouthed thank you and he nodded, Pansy and Blaise came over and pet it with me, "What're you naming it?" I smiled

"Pj." I said and smiled and pet him, he was climbing all over me and I heard laughs from Fred and George as he climbed all over me and finally back into my arms, I sat on the couch and he kitten laid on my lap.

We had Lunch later and everyone was at one table, Snape was here, I hadn't even noticed. This was a good Christmas.

(A little wholesome chapter :)