Chapter 9. Scent

I woke up before Pansy and took a shower, it's been a month since we got back from New Years, I ignored the twins because of Addie, I knew she didn't like me but was so nice to me. I woke up Pansy and she got dressed, we headed to the Great Hall and sat down, Blaise looked tired.

"Why're you so tired?" I asked suspiciously.

"That stupid Amortentia essay we had to do again." he said, "I don't get why were doing so many essays on it." he said and groaned.

"Hey dingus, big fucking guess, were making Amortentia." I said and Pansy laughed and Blaise mocked me, I kicked him and he groaned, I smiled and ate a French toast stick, I looked up and Addie was looking at me, she smiled and waved, I waved back awkwardly and looked back down, "Why is she so damn happy all the time," I scoffed

Pansy shrugged and Blaise did too, we ate the rest of our breakfast and headed to class. On the board it said, "Making Amortentia." Everyone shuffled in the room and he started talking, "We have been doing essays on Amortentia and I figured you're all ready to begin making it, if you aren't ready, you are just ignorant." he said and I smiled. "Go ahead and grab everything you need and use books if needed" I waited for everyone else to grab their ingredients and then grabbed mine.

It took a while but I finally got done. Everyone else did too. "Can anyone tell me what Amortentia does?" he asked, "Never mind. You'll give me some stupid answers." he said, "It smells like what attracts you." I already knew this, smartest person ever, duh. "Ms. Baker!" he said and I jumped, "Can you tell us what yours smells like?"

"It's the same every year professor, nothing." I said

"Did you try?"

"No, but I-" I started to say but her told me to try anyways, I smelt it and got surprised, "Um, it smells like Fireworks, " I chuckled, "fire wood, a very strong woodsy smelling cologne, and sweets." I smiled and Snape nodded.

He rolled his eyes, "Weasley's!" he yelled and they jumped, "Since you aren't paying attention tell us what it smells like."

Fred went first, "Honey and old leather from a book." then George went

He looked at Addie and winked, then bent down to smell it, he started to frown, "Um sir, do I have to-"

"Yes, Weasley." Snape groaned

George shook his head and said, "You know if I'm lying so no point." he said quietly, "Rain, Lavender, Sugar cookie perfume, and coffee ." he said and Snape nodded.

Everyone began another essay, "Blaise, what's yours smell like?" I asked quietly.

He smiled slightly, "Cologne, pool water, and ink." I smiled because I knew who that was.. suddenly paper hit my head and I got annoyed, I looked over and it was just Fred, George wasn't paying attention. I opened the paper,

'Hey Ash, we miss talking to you, what's been going on that you're avoiding us? is it because of Addie? she's really nice once you get to know her. Anyways we miss you :)'

I sighed at it and pressed my lips together, I wrote back

'It's not that Addie isn't nice to me, I just don't like perky people and figured she was only nice when I was around and talked shit about me when I wasn't around, besides I've been busy with family stuff.'

Snape wasn't paying attention so I threw it at Fred and he read it and nodded, he worked on his essay and I finished mine, I handed it to Snape and he thanked me. I guess I was sort of a favorite since I did every assignment right and turned it in before class was over. I left and walked around then up to the Owlery. I sat down at the writing table.

'I haven't wrote for a month and I am sorry.. you said you couldn't write back and that made me discouraged because what if you're in trouble and these letters get you in trouble.

Not an excuse.. but I had a good Christmas and New Years. I smiled the entire break, I visited the graves and put flowers on them, I miss you all still. See you soon.. maybe or maybe not.. I don't know anymore.. I am not getting my hopes up anymore.

-Love, Ashy.'

I rolled it up and gave it to my owl, he left and I smiled, the sky was purple and blue. "Where are you.." I whispered and felt the wind hit my face, I walked back down and thought about Amortentia, I have never smelled anything since after my 4th year, which is weird. I smiled and walked up to Pansy who was waiting outside the next class, "Hey."

"Heyyy." she said and leaned against the door. "The class is taking longer than usual." she said and I nodded, we waited 10 minutes and we finally went in, we took our seats and worked like usual, I felt a pain in my head. Then I heard whispered, I looked around and no one was talking to whispering, I shook it off and continued my work,

"Ms. Baker." the teacher said and I looked up, "Your nose." she said and I wiped my nose and there was blood, I grabbed a tissue and thanked her, I wiped my nose but it didn't stop, I was going through tissue's like crazy. Finally class ended and I went to lunch and then my nose stopped.

I sat down, "Jesus Ashlynn, seems like you went through a hundred tissues." Pansy said and I nodded, I ate and then I finished my classes, I realized Quidditch was starting back up again and I went to the pit with my team. I smiled and waved to other teams coming out, I saw Fred and George and just walked into the locker room, I changed into my Jersey and grabbed my broom stick and flew up to my team, "Sorry I lost track of time guys." I said and they said it was okay.

"After summer break comes we will have tryouts for anyone new who wants to join, otherwise were fine." Blaise said and everyone nodded, we practiced for a while, we kept the snitch away for now since it was still cold out, I just floated around and tried some new tricks while standing up, I did a flip and Blaise was on edge, "You scare me." he laughed and I smiled and bowed.