Chapter 17. News

Everything had been going great, up until this day, it was the last day of school and I was in the library, way in the back, I felt a pair a hands on my waist, I smiled and turned around, "Hello, George, need something?" I asked playfully.

He nodded, "Yeah, you." he said quietly and kissed my neck, I smiled and pushed him off, "Wanna get out of here?" he asked

"I'm sorry, I can't, I told Pansy I would be at dinner tonight." I pressed my lips together, "Your more than welcome to join with your brother, though." and he nodded, he left to go tell his twin and I put some books away then left for the Great Hall, I walked in and George and Fred were by Pansy and Blaise, I sat between Pansy and George, "I told them they could join." I said and they nodded, dinner was going great until there was a commotion at the Hufflepuff table, which almost never happens, it was Addie, she stood up on the table and held her wand to her throat, "This outta be good," I sighed and George agreed.

She made sure everyone was paying attention, "Hello everyone, I am Addie, today is the last day of school and I just wanted to make an announcement," she said and I was looking at George who looked disgusted by her talking, I looked back at her who was turned towards me, what... "Ashlynn Baker." she said and everyone looked at me, "I learned quite a few things about you over time, very interesting actually," I was unimpressed with an angry look on my face, "Like how she LIED about her family.." she said and I heard people whispering, I looked down at my brothers who were glaring daggers at her, "She said they transferred.. when they were supposedly dead.." she announced and people gasped, "Her parents are the only ones actually dead," she said and I felt tears in my eyes, "Stupid Orphan.. broke me and my boyfriend up.. and tried to poison me.. then shagged my boyfriend" she said and people were glaring at me, except the people who knew what actually happened, I heard whispers and finally Snape took her wand and told her go to Dumbledore's office. My face was red and I was crying, George tried to comfort me and I stood up and walked out of the Great Hall, I couldn't see where I was going but I was just walking, tears filling my eyes.

Her words played through my head, stupid orphan, I yelled punching the wall next to me and screamed in pain, I slid down the wall and cried more, I heard footsteps and someone next to me, I wiped the tears out of my eyes, it was George, "I wasn't going to let you be alone..." he said and I laid my head on his shoulder while he put his arm around me, I sobbed into him, "I hate Addie.." he whispered, "I never told her any of that stuff, by the way.." he said and I believed him, "Dumbledore will probably do expulsion.. if not.. he's crazy.." he said into my hair, he chuckled and I looked at him, his smiled made me a bit happier, "Hey, you're smiling."

I nodded, "Yeah.. I saw you smile.." I said and he blushed a little, "I'll miss you this summer." I said and he pressed his lips together trying not to laugh, "What?"

"You're spending the summer with my family." he said and I gasped, "Yeah, Dumbledore said he was busy with a few things and said if it was okay with my parents that you and your brothers could stay with us," he said and I squealed and hugged him with excitement, he laughed and hugged me back, "More sneaking around... unless."

"Unless what?"

"We tell them." he said and I smiled, "How about we tell them in like a week? That way in case they separate us." he said and I nodded, he helped me up and we went our separate ways to our common rooms, I went to my room and Pansy was sitting on her bed, "Wanna explain that?" she asked me and I sighed as I packed my bag,

I hated lying to her, "I have been with him for a month and a half.." I said as I packed, "We were keeping it a secret to avoid things like Addie just did.. I am.. really sorry." I said and she gave my a sympathetic look, "You know I hate lying to you."