Chapter 7. New Year

Pansy and I had gotten Arthur a muggle TV for the New Year, he was fascinated by it and we laughed, I had went to my room and still had George's jacket, I had went to the roof spot and found him, I sat beside him and handed it to him, "Keep it, the memory of the graveyard."

"Pj is the most active cat ever." I said and he smiled, "I really love him." I said and handed a gift to George, "You got me something so I got you something."

It was a card for unlimited prank items, "Oh wow, Ashlynn, this is dangerous to give me." he laughed and I shrugged, he hugged me and I laughed, he let go. "Sorry."

"It's fine." I said and looked up, "Stars."

He nodded, and said, "Barely get to see them at Hogwarts."

"Stars are your favorite?" I asked and he nodded, "It's rain for me, the sound and smell calms me."

"It's just water." he chuckled

"Not to me, I used to play in it with my family." I said and smiled, "Gods, anything for a day in the rain again."

He stood up and went off the roof, "Come on," he said and helped me down, we walked to some woods, "these woods have a spot where it always rains, it not magical, it's just a random landmark that people visit."

I smiled and he walked me there, we stood in the rainy spot and I laughed, and spun around, he laughed as he watched me, "Thank you."

"Your welcome." he said and took my hands and we started dancing in the rain, I slipped and fell as did he,

We were both laughing really hard, and I sat up and he did too, we both looked at each other, "I've needed a bunch of happiness in my life." I smiled and he got up, he helped me up and we headed back. We walked inside and someone came up and hugged him

"George." she said and he hugged back, "Addie." he smiled and they both let go, she looked at me, "Oh, Addie this is Ashlynn Baker and Ashlynn this is Addie, my girlfriend."

I raised my eyebrows, "Hi, nice to meet you." I said and she said the same and dragged him away, I walked back to my room and Pansy was sitting in there, "Hey." I said and flopped on the bed.

"What's wrong?" she asked and I shrugged, "Is it that Addie girl?" I nodded, "She seems so stuck up, she just showed up randomly, Mrs. Weasley didn't even know she was coming."

"Neither did George apparently." I said and sat up, I changed into dry clothes and looked at his jacket and rolled my eyes. "Not ready for a new year." I said and she frowned, "It'll be 3 years next week and I.. don't know if I can handle that." I sighed

She rubbed my back and hugged me, I hugged back and we let go, "I'm here, and so is Blaise." I nodded and wiped oncoming tears from my eyes and shook it off, "We all go back in 2 days, by the way." she said and I said okay.

We sat in my room and just watched the TV that was in there, "I don't get muggle acting.. it's so.."

"Cringy." she laughed and I agreed and laughed with her. Soon we got ready and I put on a cute little dress and so did Pansy, I stretched and we headed down, Molly had handed us some sparkling apple cider and I thanked her.

We waited for the countdown, I watched Addie hang all over George and I rolled my eyes, "Relationships are gross." I whispered to Pansy and she chuckled, "Like we get it, your in love and shit." I scoffed and snuck some alcohol into my drink, as did Pansy.

"Where's Blaise?" Pansy asked

"He's at the graveyard." I said and he walked in, "Not anymore though," he walked over to us and grabbed a drink. "You alright?" He nodded and I shrugged.

The countdown started and we counted down, "10..9..8..7..6...5..4..3..2..1!"

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley kissed, then Addie and George kissed, but he was looking at me, I turned around and went to the kitchen, I grabbed some food and shoveled it into my mouth, I hated love.. I hadn't dated anyone since my 4th year, so I haven't really experienced love that much but it looks like I hate it. I put more food in my mouth and Blaise walked in, he looked sad, "Hey.. what's really wrong." I said after swallowing my food.

"I miss Tanner." he said and I hugged him, "I really miss him, Ash." he whispered and cried a little, I rubbed his back

"I miss him too, Blaise." I whispered and let go, "He misses us too." he nodded and wiped his tears, I handed him some pie and he ate it and I smiled.

He left with his pie and I leaned against the counter. George walked in and closed the door, "Listen. I want to apologize."

"For what?"

"I didn't tell you I have a girlfriend." he whispered, "We've been so honest with each other and this is a thing I should've told you, I didn't even know she was coming and-" he said but I interrupted him.

Slowly I walked to the door, "Don't worry about it, were not friends, Weasley." I said and walked out, he was going to say something but I had walked out. I wasn't upset because I fancied him, which I didn't, I was upset because his girlfriend is so perky and snobby. I rolled my eyes and walked to Blaise and Pansy who were dancing and I joined them, forgetting about whatever that was.

After everything was done, I cleaned up with Dumbledore, after we were done, he had me sit down, "Ashlynn, that letter that I had been trying to uncover, I did." he said and I looked at him, "Here, you better read it." he handed it to me