Work and family

(Carla, POV)  

                               I Breathed heavily as I ran from this monster chasing me my bare feet hitting the floor a cold shiver would hit me every few seconds as I felt its breath on my back the bloody nightgown barely hanging on. I know a grown woman running from a monster in the dark, I know I'm too old to have such stupid fears but that monster is more than just my imagination. As I ran and looked around trying to find an escape. But soon I noticed that the walls looked twisted and deformed the color of them changed and what I thought would lead me to the front door was a straight narrow one-way hallway that left me cornered between the monster and my basement door. Before I could do anything the door behind me opened and there he was the monster or should I say, my father. Gasping I woke up by my sisters and friends Fleur, Kattie her brother Baren, Scottie, and his boss Abitha the movie credits from what we watched last night still playing, the mess from last night had been cleaned up. "I'll have to thank Maud later." I thought moving from the sofa rubbing my eyes the hard edges softening under my hand dry pieces falling from my eyes the pressure of my hands pushing them away.                                                                                                                                                                             I tried to get up as soundless as possible wanting them to sleep in a bit more sense the day would be slow and almost empty in a way, but then I felt a tug on the loose overcoat I looked down to see Clotilda pulling on it. I swatted her hand away and said almost in a strict tone "Don't pull on my suit." with a look that was almost a glare giving her the hint, she lightly scooted back from me and gave a sweet tired smile yawning as she rubbed her eyes before talking her soft moring voice and with moring breath could've been better." sorry I'm still half asleep." she said with a look that could make anyone heart glow from just seeing it."So what I've told you this a hundred times stop making the same mistakes." I said not falling for her cute appearance but hearing sincerity in her voice."I understand." She said almost jokingly. "Good I'm going to start on breakfast, It's 6:40-7:00 am right now so get ready for your day with Sebastian and study while you're at it".I said as I started making my way off the couch and cracking my back the satisfying pop right after. "But it's just the start of a 2-week break." She whined upset. "I don't care the school is shut down you will still study got it, you can't use stupid excuses to get out of your work now when I get done with breakfast you should be fully dressed and study for at least 1 of your main class or 2 off you add on ones, I'll help you with the rest after my meeting before you go. You need to be ready for this stuff before you know it the investigation will be over it only takes a few days." 

                Her eyes lit up as I said that she loved when I helped her with her work, pretty much everyone I knew who has seen me help or teach her has said I'm like her main parent. The three of us have parents but they live in our home country Germany so it's hard for her to get help from them. I was given custody of her when she was 5 my father had to do work, take care of our sick mom, and was not mentally stable enough to raise another child, but he never saw me as his child at least until I turned 17 I was just one of his many problems as he used to say.             

            I almost felt like gagging from the thought of my father if I could call him that, the man I hated with every joint in my body. My sister could tell by my sour expression that I was thinking about HIM, then she brings up something that I have been trying to forget for weeks."You know you promised that you'd come with me and dad today, you've been avoiding him for almost 10 years now please just do this for me, I know you aren't close and you don't see eye to eye right now but please". I tried to brush her off as I started to the kitchen to start on breakfast, still thinking about her words as I heard her footsteps go for the staircase them getting fainter. "Do it for me." Oh how I wished it worked like that, is all I thought as I started up the stove and made sure none of the meat touched Abitha's pre-made salad that just needed a few touch-ups and would be finished ready to be put on the table.                                                                                                                                                                                                           As soon as breakfast was finished everyone was at the table somewhat awake from the smell of meat, eggs, and maybe even from the sound of the blender. I looked at Maud from across the table she gave me a look I had seen before, one I could only describe as one of pity I hated being pitied, but before I could say anything she got up and waved me over to follow her into the living room. Stopping my conversation with Clotilda and following her already anticipating what she was going to say." What." That is all I had to say already knowing why she brought me into the next room."Are you sure you wanna see him you know the last you even had a real conversation wasn't the best? And when you saw him last wasn't either. I mean you haven't even said anything to him even over the past 10 years even just on the phone." Maud said almost as if she was taking a mental check on me."Yes I am, and even if I wasn't I can't go back now I have already rescheduled my afternoon meeting and pushed back an import assignment for this if, so if  I didn't go it just be a waste of a day, and you know Clotilda it counting on me, I need to grow up about this and move on." I could tell that Maud didn't agree with that statement even disagreed on many levels if she could but I didn't let her and went to get ready for work, losing what was left of my apatite with the talk.