Chapter 15

Madam Pomfrey refused to let Draco leave the next day, waking me up at 7 to go back to the dungeons to get ready for classes.  

The day dragged by, my fatigue not helping. The only class that piqued my interest even slightly that day was potions, Slughorn had placed a cauldron of Amortentia at the top of the classroom and we all had gotten a chance to go up and smell what attracted us most. Ryan said hers was parchment, lavender and freshly mowed grass. When I went up it was weirdly familiar, the smell after of rain, autumn leaves and mint. I wondered what was so familiar about it but I couldn't quite place it.

At lunch Blaise, Ryan, Pansy all went up to Draco who was in a mood and told them to leave before they could say hi.

"I think he was pissed that Madam Pomfrey's making him stay another night," explained Blaise.

I had skipped out on that visit because I knew Draco had seen enough of me in these past 24 hours, outdoing his quota of Fiadh hours.

But Draco was back in fine form the next day and by fine form I mean back to his usual mean ways. I was greeted with, "What're you looking at, Rose?" 

"Nice to see you too, Malfoy."

It almost seemed like Draco had forgotten about everything we'd nearly talked about. Everything was back to normal. Or at least, that's how it seemed.

A couple of weeks later Blaise, Malfoy, Pansy, Ryan and I had taken over the Slytherin common room to work on a six page essay Professor Snape had given us. None of us were happy about the length especially since it had been Potter who had had the length extended by arguing with Snape in class.

"What're you writing for why the Merpeople rejected the status of full beings?" Pansy asked Ryan, peering over her shoulder but Ryan's parchment was blank.

"I have literally no idea what is going on in that class," she laughed opening her text book and searching for anything that would help.

"Snape must really hate us for this essay," Blaise groaned as he threw his second draft of his opening paragraph into the flames.

I glanced up at the clock on the wall, 11pm already and we had a combined one roll of parchment written between us.

"It's not due until next week and we've double potions in the morning, I say we sleep on it and come back and try tomorrow," I suggested, slamming my DADA textbook shut, enforcing my stance on the issue.

We all shuffled back to our dorms, cursing Snape and falling into bed. But I couldn't sleep. I don't know what it was because my brain had been crying out for sleep all day and now I was finally in bed it had seemed to have a new lease on life. I tossed and turned but to no avail. I sighed, annoyed with myself and went into the common room to try get a bit of the dratted essay done. As my luck would have it, I entered the common room just as I saw Draco leaving the dorms.

What the hell was he doing? I internally screamed. This boy was trying so hard to get expelled, sneaking off at midnight, duelling with Potter. I knew I had to follow him, my curiosity was too much, but I really, really didn't want to. Making sure I had my wand, I headed out of the common room.

I waited at the blank wall, urging it to opened up. I spotted Draco rounding a corridor just down the hall as I stepped out and I quickly took to followed him. I expected he was heading to the Room of Requirement but took a different turn, we were now heading towards the teacher's rooms. I frowned, what the hell? I noticed Draco had some sort of parcel in his hand, was he delivering a present...? Who would he even be gifting, especially at this time at night?