Chapter 18

"Do we have to stop in this stinking pub?" whined Pansy as we piled into The Three Broomsticks.

Since Ryan and I had fought I had had to tag along with Pansy, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle for the Hogsmeade trip and I had convinced them that we should get a drink in The Three Broomsticks at the end of our shopping. The boys had no problem with it but Pansy - who had been upset to see Draco hadn't come along this time - had been pining to go home the entire time.

"You're welcome to walk back on your own, Parkinson," I said icily as we slid into a booth, me taking an outside seat so I could easily slip out and speak to Madam Rosmerta.

Things between Blaise and I hadn't been at all awkward since the party. We had spoken afterwards about how drunk we both had been and I had explained that I didn't fancy him (as cute as he was) and it had gone back to normal pretty quickly. 

"I'll go get our drinks, shall I ?" I suggested and there were no objections just a quick collection of sickles and I was off. 

The problem was Hermione, Ryan, Harry and Ron all stood around the bar, ordering drinks. I cursed them under my breath and tried to think of a way to distract them so they wouldn't see me. Then I remembered the Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder Blaise had just bought in Zonkos. 

I ran back to the table and whispered to Blaise.

"I need the darkness powder, Potter's up there and I wanna give him a taste of his own medicine," I lied, but on second thought, if I had time I would definitely be getting a good punch in.

Blaise grinned at me, reaching into his coat and dropping the bag in my hand.

I ran back up, made sure I had eyes on Rosmerta and dropped the bag nonchalantly. Suddenly the place was shrouded in darkness. Having kept my eye on Rosmerta, I vaulted over behind the bar and grabbed her wrists, pulling my wand out I stuck it under her chin and made her walk into the back. Luckily no one was there.

Rosmerta's face was pale and she began sputtering before I could get one word in.

"Oh, shut up!" I yelled. She stopped blabbing. I knew what I would have to do. I really didn't want to and I didn't even know if I was capable of doing it but I had to try. 

Taking a deep breath, I whispered, "Imperio."

The light behind Rosmerta's eyes faded and her face became slack and lifeless. I had done it. I didn't have time to dwell on my morals and how I felt so I pushed all of that to the back of my mind. 

I pulled the mead out of my bag and pressed it into her hands, she looked at me blankly.

"Rosmerta, I need you to give this to Horace Slughorn and suggest to him that he gift it to Albus Dumbledore," I hissed, looking around to make sure no one was watching us still.

Rosmerta nodded slowly, her face unchanging. 

"Good, until then act completely normal"

Her face contorted into a pleasant smile and she nodded and walked back to the bar. 

Back in the bar it was still dark, I could hear Harry trying and failing to use "lumos." He was quite close, I moved in closer to see if I could pinpoint him and boom, "Hermione can't you clear this up?" I was right beside him.

"I'm not a genius, Harry," Hermione snapped back."I can't fix everything." 

I breathed in, prepared myself and boom. My fist collided with his nose, it made a sick crunch and I felt the first trickle of his blood on my hand. Harry yelled, and everyone became even more confused. I smirked to myself as I wiped the blood on my robes and as the darkness cleared, I made sure I was far away from him.