Chapter 16

I almost ran from the potions classroom once all the cauldrons were clean, wanting to avoid Draco. It wasn't that I had regretted it, the opposite really, but I really didn't want to have an awkward walk back to the dungeons with him. Malfoy had a different idea though, calling my name as I tried to walk faster, he caught up though.

"Fiadh, stop," he grabbed my arm and pulled me into an empty classroom.

"What is it Draco?" I felt my face flushing, trying to push the memory of detention to the back of my head.

"Don't go mentioning what happened between us to Ryan or anyone ok?" He said, pulling on his tie to loosen it.

"Mention what?" I said trying to act nonchalant.

He smirked, "I know it'll be hard not to go around bragging."

"Nothing hard about it, Malfoy, the memory repulses me," I flicked my eyes up to look at him.

"Is that so?" he asked coming closer, did he think we were going to go for round two? I just laughed.

"I'm going to leave now, Draco, come back to the common room when you've cooled down a bit."

I didn't tell anyone about what happened, obviously, but my brain wouldn't stop playing it over and over in my head throughout my days. Draco was acting like his usual self which was expected. As time went on I had nearly forgotten about it , realising it was just a heat of the moment thing. He was still sneaking off all the time but Ryan had stopped noticing now and I wasn't bothered to keep stalking him. 

The exams snuck up on me faster than I had anticipated, I forced myself to trudge through them but I wasn't expecting spectacular grades as I'd spent much of the year rather distracted. I cursed myself for letting boys get in my head as I sweated over the potions exam trying to figure out if it was mandrake stem or root of asphodel I had to add to make it turn blush pink. 

Transfiguration was better, I successfully turned the mouse in front of me into a tea cup and back, much to Professor McGonagall's and my surprise. In Defence Against the Dark Arts I successfully addressed the signs of a werewolf and how to battle a banshee but I failed at resisting the Imperius curse, as I leaped around the room like a frog.

After the last exam Ryan and I collapsed in the common room, wrecked from the week of exams. Pansy and Millicent joined us, Parkinson informing us of the party that would be taking place tonight to celebrate the end of exams. As tired as I was I wasn't going to turn down a Slytherin party.

We forced ourselves to get hyped up, downing the last of our Fire Whiskey and trekking up to the Room of Requirements in our pairs, Ryan and I being the last ones in the common room.

When we finally got to the party it was in full swing. I could tell that some 5th years were halfway through bottles of Fire Whiskey already. It wasn't 5 minutes when I saw them. Draco and... was that Pansy? I really had no reason to be jealous but the way Draco had acted towards Pansy this whole year had really made me think he hated her. I could tell he was drunk just by looking at him. Red cheeked and messy haired. I scoffed and Ryan looked over too.

"What the hell?" she said, laughing, "I suppose Pansy's dream has come true after all."

I forced a fake laugh and dragged Ryan away to get drinks. I needed to get drunk because I really was not enjoying this feeling bubbling up in my stomach, turning my head fuzzy. Draco and I had made out once. Once. And this was how I reacted? Pathetic. Maybe it was because I had always been the one to move on first in Beauxbatons and now it was the second time I'd been shown up at Hogwarts. Embarrassing. I needed to fix that and I knew the perfect person.