Chapter 25

"Where is the girl," said a high pitched voice from the entrance. It could only belong to Voldemort. Legs shaking I left the room.

"She is here, my lord," simpered Bellatrix, grabbing me and pushing me forward. I looked up. He was even more horrific than any description I'd ever heard. Tall and skinny with long white spider hands, black robes that made him seem like a cloud of smoke and his face... it was white as a sheet, two slits for nostrils and his eyes were red like a snakes. He gestured with a boney finger for me to come closer. I moved uncertainly, looking for Draco but he was not there.

"Come, come closer, girl," he demanded. "Ah, Miss Rose, you have come to take your rightful place amongst our ranks at last." 

I did not answer, I had nothing to say.

"So... you helped Draco this year at Hogwarts... very brave, shows nerve and a thirst to prove yourself to me..."

I had not helped Draco to prove myself to him but I was not about to correct him.

"Although, Draco did fail... that is a pity, yes... And you are a Slytherin?" 

I nodded quickly, scared to look him in his eyes. My heart was beating faster now, adrenaline had kicked in and every nerve was telling me to run. I had to hold my ground.

"Very good... now the only thing left to do is the mark..."

A shiver ran down my spine. I looked around one final time for Draco but he wasn't there. Narcissa stood at the base of the stairs, looking unnerved but Bellatrix was basically breathing down my neck, her excitement palpable.

"Your arm, Rose," he said slowly, drawing his wand from his robes, taking a deep breath I held out my arm, wishing over and over that Draco would just appear so I would at least have someone to call a bastard when this was over. 

I felt The Dark Lord's cold hand take my right arm and turn it so my palm was facing up. He was so unnaturally cold, his long nails traced down my arm, sending a shudder of revulsion through my body. He raised his wand and placed the tip on my arm, a burning sensation surged through my body. I could've sworn my heart stopped beating.  The pain blinded me, I let out a screech of pain as the black ink stained my skin. The same as the green one over Hogwarts only two nights ago... a skull and snake burned onto my arm like a sick marking. 

Bellatrix let out a gleeful cry, grabbing my arm and examining it. "Very good my lord, it is -" But before Bellatrix could finish her sentence there was a loud bang and the door of the room I had only just come out of burst open. A group of teenagers stood, wands drawn. I saw Harry standing at the front, a look of defiance on his face. Behind him stood Val and Ginny, Hermione, Neville, Ron, Luna and even Ryan. And then I saw Draco.

Without warning Draco threw a spell at his aunt, sending her flying across the room and smacking against the railing. She let out an indignant howl and got to her feet.

"Foolish children," hissed the Dark Lord, his wand trained on the group. This time good shivers ran through my body.

"The girl, Bellatrix, grab the girl!" he yelled. I heard Bellatrix run towards me and instead of drawing my wand I spun around and hit her square across the jaw. I didn't feel the pain in my hand immediately and as she reeled backwards I grabbed my wand, "stupefy!" Bellatrix froze and with a  look of shock etched on her face, she fell backwards.

"That's for my mother, you bitch!" I screeched.

Suddenly I felt my feet lift off of the ground, the Dark Lord had his wand trained on me. I was frozen and floating in the air. I couldn't grab my wand. I saw Harry step forward but Draco was faster.