4

It wasn't that long of a walk to Ray's house. It was just a few streets down, not too far from Norman's new place either. They talked the entire way there, some of it nonsense, some of it things that have happened that day.

Even if he couldn't join in on some of the conversation due to many of the things they talk about being foreign to him, he certainly enjoyed the company, and the occasional inclusion.

"Oo its been a while since I've been to Mama's house!" Emma said.

Ever since she grabbed Norman's hand a bit ago, she hasn't let go of it. He isn't sure of what to make of this small action, she could just be a really affectionate person in general, this doesn't necessarily mean anything.

It still made him feel really warm on the inside regardless. He hasn't felt this way in a while, he likes it.

Ray stood on the other side, and he saw them holding hands. He and Norman exchanged looks, and Ray shook his head in a disapproving way. Norman was taken aback by it, until Ray smiled and rolled his eyes.

This entire exchange was done without Emma's attention. She just looked on, and kept talking. She really does have energy for days, its kind of impressive honestly.

"It has been a while. Mama said so too, its as if she loves you more than me!" Ray said. Norman doesn't totally understand this dynamic, so he is still lost.

"No she doesn't! I'm sure she still loves you lots, Ray."

Ray scoffed, but in a playful manner.

"Hey you're quiet. Nothing to say?" Ray asked Norman.

"Hm? I'm not really sure what to say" Norman chuckled a bit.

"Well..do you play games?"

"You mean like video games?" Norman asks, and Ray nods.

Norman felt somewhat awkward, "Never really had any."

"Whattt??"

"How?"

He looked around kind of awkwardly. The awkwardness was noted by the other two.

"Well, I just never had the chance to play much growing up."

"Damn what did you do, live under a rock?"

Emma socked Ray for the poor joke. Ray laughed a bit.

"You're such a meanie!"

"Whoops."

"Its okay Emma, he isn't exactly right or wrong anyways." Norman said.

This intrigued the pair, whom are wondering how this could be.

"I wasn't exactly given many things. I've always been an orphan, thats also why I didn't go to school before."

It was silent between the others for a bit. After a little time had passed, Ray spoke up, "I'm sorry to hear that, I didn't mean anything bad by the joke by the way-"

"Its alright, I don't mind. I'm doing better now anyways." Norman replied.

"Thats good. Where are you now, then?" Ray asked again.

"I'm currently at the best foster home i've ever been to. Things are good now."

"Ayyy theres that. We'll introduce ya to some things then. I can't believe you didn't have anything like that. Did you just not have things to yourself?"

"Well, not exactly, but some things."

"Hm, like what?"

"Eh, just some clothes. I also have a few small things that i've treasured over the years. Nothing too big."