8

Norman opened his front door, and standing on the porch, in a flowy skirt and somewhat tamed hair, was Emma. Nothing had even happened yet, and already Norman was getting red.

Hold it together man. He just SAW her, how is he supposed to survive a WHOLE DAY with her without making a fool out of himself, or embarrassing himself?

So what does he do? Does he just start walking, does he compliment her, what does he do?

"Wow, you look..really pretty." He blurted out.

He keeps on forgetting that this isn't a date. Its an outing with a dear friend of his, nothing more, nothing more, only friends.

If he keeps saying it to himself, maybe it will get through to his head, and he'll stop being so weird.

"Thanks!" She smiled, "I like the hat. You look really nice."

The ripest tomato at your local supermarket is probably jealous of the shade of red Norman's face has reached.

"Now, shall we get going?" Emma walked closer to Norman, and grabbed his hand like she always does.

Norman smiled, and he nodded, and they were off.

"You know, I've been to your house a few times now, but I've never gone inside. When will I get to?" She asked him, the question kind of took him by surprise. She wants to go into his house?

"Maybe next time you can." He responded, giving her a smile.

"That sounds fun!"

They walked off in a direction opposite of both school and Emma's place, so Norman understood why he has never been to this place before.

"Hows your morning been?" Emma asked, beaming up at the taller one to her right.

"Its been alright, pretty boring since I'm so used to doing things now."

Emma giggled, "Yeah, that happens. I'm always bored on the weekends, nobody ever wants to do anything." She scoffed.

Norman also chuckled, "I don't usually do anything on the weekends, I think..?" He somewhat questioned it because, well, he doesn't have a "usually." He's barely getting settled into his current life.

"Ooh! Maybe I can hang out with you more on weekends!" She said, excitement obviously laced into her tone.

The butterflies returned once again to his stomach at the thought. She really wants to hang out with him a lot? Him? Of all people?

He certainly had to be something special in this case, surely.

"Yeah maybe, that actually sounds really cool." He said.

Norman is quite an interesting person. You see, he can be very nervous and scared on the inside, but he is really good at playing it off on the outside. He can be calm and collected on the outside, but practically dying on the inside.

Even if it was obvious he really liked her, it wasn't always obvious how nervous it made him.

"Yay!"

Her excitement always made Norman happy. It was so contagious, and in such a good way.

Without even realizing it, Norman had a content smile. Just her presence alone was enough to make him feel complete, and happy.

"How far is the place anyways?" He asked her.

"Its not too far away from your place actually. We should be there in like ten minutes."

That is definitely fine with Norman, it just meant more time to spend with her.

Most of the walk was silence between the two, but like before, it wasn't an awkward silence. It was a comfortable one.