6

With the room being awkward, Ray is at a loss at what to say or do. Does he make a joke about it? Does he just ask what was happening? Or does he just move on with the day and pretend he didn't see anything?

Well, he chose the latter option, walked in, and sat down. The other two were still sat on the bed, kind of just trying to recover from the embarrassment.

Soon enough, they were all chatting amongst each other once again. Of course, the awkwardness still somewhat lingered in the air for a little while afterwards, but how could it not?

Some time had passed, but really, it only seemed like maybe half an hour they had been there. They do say time flies when you are having fun, I suppose. When finally finding out the time, each of them surely wished it were the opposite. Especially Norman, he just couldn't get enough of Emma, and her bubbly and upbeat aura. Its so addictive, she is the kind of person you don't ever want to be apart from. How is it possible to like someone so much, in just a short time span? It makes no sense.

Emma, while she might feel the same way, is kind of oblivious to these types of things. She knows he is amazing, she knows he makes her really happy, but it hasn't exactly clicked in her head. She just hasn't put too much thought into it yet, she is too focused on having a good time. But is this really a bad thing?

Besides, she does think he is really cute. Its not that she doesn't like him, because it seems that she does, she just.. hasn't figured it out yet. Shes innocent in that sense, but it just adds to how cute she is.

It began to get dark out, and nobody wanted to walk in the pitch darkness of the night, so Ray ushered the two to get ready to leave. He offered to walk them each home, and both agreed.

Emma stood up from the bed they had been confined to for about two hours. She stood with a hop, and quickly turned around and offered a hand to help Norman up. He took her hand, and she pulled him up, and smiled.

"Lets gooo guys, I don't want to walk back in the dark. Mama would kill me for that." Ray scoffed.

"We're going!" Emma said. She motioned for Norman to follow, and he complied. The trio walked downstairs, and past the living room.

"Hey mama, Emma and Norman are leaving, and I'm going to walk them home real quick." Ray informed his mother.

She was on the sofa, reading a book. She looked up at her son and said, "Okay, but be safe, and be home before it gets too dark."

"Yes mamaaa" Ray somewhat groaned at the request, but was going to comply nonetheless.

"Bye guys!" Isabella said, "And it was nice meeting you, Norman!"

They leave the house, and Ray locks the door behind them. Apparently, Emma doesn't live too far from Norman's place, its on the way there actually, so she was the first stop.

They walk in the same formation that they walked in when making the trek to Ray's house earlier that day, the only difference is that Emma hadn't been holding Norman's hand like earlier.

Norman had to admit, his hand felt very, very empty and cold without Emma's hand to clutch onto. They instead stood a few inches apart as they walked side by side on the sidewalk.

They continue discussion along the way, this time, the conversation just seems to be flowing easier with Norman than it had previously been. Is this progress? He sure hopes so.

"Its kind of cold out," Emma complained, "I didn't realize it would be cold."

"I guess someone should have remembered to take a sweater this morning, huh?" Ray teased.