38

Like leaves before a hurricane, time seemed to fly by so quickly. As quickly as it started, the teens' junior year had flown by and ended. It was a fun occasion, because it meant that everyone would be out of school for two months, but it was also one of slight sorrow, as this meant one more step towards an inevitable adulthood, one in which the gang would likely be split up, and possibly go their separate ways. This made everyone very sad, although nobody showed it, because despite everyone feeling this way, nobody mentioned it.

So graduation came and went, it was celebrated with a mere small gathering at Ray's house, like everything is usually celebrated. It was no different from previous gatherings, although they were certainly more prepared than they were for Norman's birthday back in March.  Another difference was the addition of another group member. Anna was a year younger than them, but she just seemed to integrate into the group so well, so she was welcomed with open arms. She honestly helped to outweigh some of the chaos that would ensue from time to time, since she was on the calmer side. It was probably pretty necessary. She's even been welcomed to the group chat!

Despite things going quite normally, a number of significant things happened. For starters, it was eventually found out that Emma didn't actually have a new puppy to take care of, this was discovered when Gilda asked to see a picture of it, and Emma sent a picture she found from an internet search. Turns out, if you are going to trick your friends into believing you have something you don't actually have, you probably shouldn't choose the first image that appears. Especially if that friend is Gilda, who already had a feeling that she was lying. Reverse image searching is a thing, after all.

Some more exciting things also took place. Despite having been an excellent wingman for Emma and Norman, Ray seemed to fail in every attempt at trying to help Don and Gilda.

..Until eventually one plan stuck.

Ray figured if he was never going to get him to tell her directly how he felt. So he decided to get him to indirectly tell her. It was a kind of complex plan, one that involved the help of Norman and Emma. It was simple, but involved a lot of planning.

But I bet most of you are anxious to figure out what happened with that.

Sorry to disappoint, but no, they are not dating. Don admitted to having liked her since their freshman year of school, and what was her response? She admitted the same, but she confessed that she didn't intend to date anyone while in high school. She apologized profusely.

Don had moped around for a little while after that. It wasn't until Ray gave him the brilliant idea to try again after graduation, that he finally returned to his normal self. Maybe that wasn't the story everyone wanted, but thats that.

This wasn't the only development that happened in terms of romance, however. Shortly after meeting, Anna had admitted to having a crush on Ray, which confused everyone. They seemed like opposites, plus.. he's Ray. Need I say more? However, he didn't know about this crush, so she couldn't exactly hire him as her wingman, especially since he was the target.

Sure, she could have asked for help from the others, but what would that have done? Don and Gilda were both clueless when it came to this sort of thing, Norman honestly got lucky when it came to his situation, and don't even get me started on Emma's cluelessness. Despite being the one with probably the least experience, somehow Ray was the only go to within the group.

And so suddenly, the entire group was filled with romantic awkwardness, of course, except for our favorite two. Norman and Emma were going on quite strong, overcoming every small obstacle that they hit.

This all led into their final year of high school. This year also went by pretty quickly, pretty normally as well. Some new people were met, and overall, the experiences were great.